Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627655 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #500 on: 29 May 2013, 23:10 »
Packed the AP 4 pot kit in the boot and a Watkins Gelen ready foR fitting at AKS later in the week

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #501 on: 30 May 2013, 07:22 »
Lucky you...need to get mine booked in at R-Tech for custom Stage 1 map....How much was the filter?

I paid £322.92 delivered from gnj motorsport. Can't recommend them highly enough
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #502 on: 30 May 2013, 09:37 »
Lucky you...need to get mine booked in at R-Tech for custom Stage 1 map....How much was the filter?

I paid £322.92 delivered from gnj motorsport. Can't recommend them highly enough

delivered? what exactly did you order....did you not get it done on a rolling road?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #503 on: 30 May 2013, 10:07 »

delivered? what exactly did you order....did you not get it done on a rolling road?

Sorry not for both, That was for the filter including delivery, the map is 499+ vat from triple h Motorsport. (REVO dealer)

http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/products/Pipercross-Air-Intake-For-Golf-Mk6-GTI-%26-Scirocco-2.0-TSI.html
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #504 on: 30 May 2013, 12:21 »
Another inlet manifold problem! Just hope they change it under warranty as I have had the car under a year, bought at a user approved dealership so here's hoping.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #505 on: 30 May 2013, 12:26 »
It's a big job too, labour intensive. Mine was in vw for 2 days.

Mind you, it may be because they will charge vw for labour so they'll stretch it out :whistle:

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #506 on: 30 May 2013, 15:45 »
Took it in to the dealers who said they can't look at it till the 11th June.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #507 on: 30 May 2013, 17:52 »
Took it in to the dealers who said they can't look at it till the 11th June.

Will you have to pay for them to look at it?

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #508 on: 30 May 2013, 18:44 »
I'm not doing, I have not had it 12 months so talking with vw customer relations they said it should be covered with the 12 months approved used car warranty, but the guy at the dealers said he can't say if it's covered as he does not know what's wrong with the car. So frustrating.

Marshy

« Reply #509 on: 30 May 2013, 20:50 »
I've had an annoying rattle from my left rear door trim when on rough roads.
So today I removed both rear door trims and got some foam from an upholstery shop (which was free)
I then cut the foam and filled all the hollow sections of the door trim.
Once fitted back on there's no longer any flex in the panel when you push the top section.
So no more rattle and seems to have reduced road noise quite a bit.
I'll give it a week or so and if it stays silent I'll do my front doors. I've been battling rattles for a few weeks adjusting door latches lubing locks, adjusting the tailgate, adding felt for the parcel shelf to sit on, wrapping tape on the seat catches.
My doors used to creak and I tried polishing the body where it makes contact but in the end I rubbed Vaseline into the seals and that seems to have cured them for now.

After all that I gave it a wash then parked it back in its house to keep it clean.