Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627548 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #860 on: 03 September 2013, 23:37 »
That sounds more like an electrical issue or control unit issue than a flat battery. Mines never done that and mines been down to below 12v with standing. It just logged it in the system though and started turning non critical things off. So I lost auto windows and interior lights. I had to teach the windows the auto function and wveryrhing else started workjng again.
Im off next week if you need it scanning. (Ill just have to borrow a labtop for the program from someone)
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #861 on: 04 September 2013, 07:22 »
You're only contemplating doing it and already the mod vultures are circling  :grin:

Why do you want to put it back to stage 1?

fancy a bit less noise and a bit more refinement, i'd keep all the chassis stuff for the moment

This really sticks in my throat admitting it, but since the Carbonio and exhaust have been removed our GTi is actually a nicer car to drive, missing the power though and if I were to mod another car it would be stage 1 software and no hardware.

Getting old :embarrassed:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #862 on: 04 September 2013, 08:55 »
You're only contemplating doing it and already the mod vultures are circling  :grin:

Why do you want to put it back to stage 1?

fancy a bit less noise and a bit more refinement, i'd keep all the chassis stuff for the moment

This really sticks in my throat admitting it, but since the Carbonio and exhaust have been removed our GTi is actually a nicer car to drive, missing the power though and if I were to mod another car it would be stage 1 software and no hardware.

Getting old :embarrassed:

Yes Raffe you are getting old!!!! - The Carbonio can be soooo much fun, let off from WOT or change gear at high revs near someone and they are like WTF was that. Sounds awesome. Thanks for letting me have it.

I think it will be the exhaust that is mainly making you think it a more pleasant drive now, as the GTI is very quite and relaxing with OEM exhaust
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #863 on: 04 September 2013, 13:11 »
i get where you are coming from Raffie, i've been using the Pirelli recently and i like the quiet way it makes progress in an understated manner, ok handling and braking is not as sharp but i like the lack of drama in the noise department

having a mk7 GTI opened my eyes how good it was out the box and i'm thinking the R may suit my golf needs better

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #864 on: 04 September 2013, 13:27 »
i get where you are coming from Raffie, i've been using the Pirelli recently and i like the quiet way it makes progress in an understated manner, ok handling and braking is not as sharp but i like the lack of drama in the noise department

having a mk7 GTI opened my eyes how good it was out the box and i'm thinking the R may suit my golf needs better

Wigit, interested to hear your view on the mk7 following your brief stint with it  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #865 on: 05 September 2013, 13:27 »
Big nail in n/s front tyre  :angry:  new one needed - on order. 

Second new tyre in 3 months on that wheel - begining to think it's jinxed!  Got the lovely space saver spare on till tommorow  :sick:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #866 on: 05 September 2013, 14:40 »

Second new tyre in 3 months on that wheel - begining to think it's jinxed!  Got the lovely space saver spare on till tommorow  :sick:

Cant it be repaired mate?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #867 on: 05 September 2013, 15:38 »
booked it on to go back to Stage 1 in early October, dealer going to let me know when i can order a mk7 R

for the vultures the following will be available:

Revo K04 Intake
Milltek Full TBE with small resonators and 35 tips
Revo engine and gear box mounts
Smoothed TTS engine cover

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #868 on: 05 September 2013, 16:02 »
Had a very spirited drive in mine and decided to either k04 it, buy an edition 35 or an s3

Decisions decisions
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #869 on: 05 September 2013, 17:44 »

Cant it be repaired mate?

No such luck  :sad:  The actual nail damage could have been repaired, BUT, as it was driven on a bit (slow puncture, only evident this morning), there was further damage.  It ain't gonna be cheap!  Must spec a tyre pressure monitor on next car  :laugh:   

Still, only had 2 punctures in nearly 20 years driving so can't really complain.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual