Author Topic: Brand new R available for immediate delivery.  (Read 2899 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Brand new R available for immediate delivery.
« on: 26 November 2021, 19:26 »
My dealer has just emailed to say that they have a brand new Golf R for immediate delivery if anyones interested. Vw Manchester. Speak to Pete. They are due to pre reg it so be quick.

Black with perf pack pan roof harmon kardon camera dcc leather

£48025
« Last Edit: 26 November 2021, 20:10 by king monkey »
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Brand new R available for immediate delivery.
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2021, 18:33 »
At £48k I will pass thanks :kiss:

MK7 GTi

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2021, 20:01 »
Well done for posting that up Michele.  :smiley:
Those with very deep pockets can form an orderly queue, I’m sure it’ll be snapped up.

Buying a sporty Golf is becoming a rich man/woman’s game now.
At least prices like these will keep them exclusive, unlike the mk7 days.
I’m glad I nabbed mine when I did, it’ll be my last Golf, I can neither afford nor justify prices like that for a fast shopping car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2021, 20:16 »
Thanks Andy. I have no vested interest in the car or dealership. Just thought it might be of interest to someone with deeper pockets than me.  :grin:

My CS45 will be my last new car I think. Probably the only reason I went for an anniversary model.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2021, 20:23 »
I think my gti might be my last ice car.. Well assuming the ed50 doesn't pluck my heart strings...  :whistle:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2021, 20:28 »
Trying not to think about the Ed50, Fred. Sure it’ll be ££££££ which might make me cry.  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2021, 20:43 »
Well it's going to be the last performance golf ever made... No mk9...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2021, 20:45 »
Well it's going to be the last performance golf ever made... No mk9...

Tbh I’m kinda hoping it’ll be more like the CSS. That way it won’t fit my needs as a daily family car.  :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2021, 20:54 »
Thanks Andy. I have no vested interest in the car or dealership. Just thought it might be of interest to someone with deeper pockets than me.  :grin:

My CS45 will be my last new car I think. Probably the only reason I went for an anniversary model.
I think we know you well enough to know it was just a helpful public service announcement in consideration of the acute shortage of these models coming through.

Sound thinking getting an anni model, the sum of the parts is almost always greater than the list price of these models making them decent value, especially longer term, plus they feel more special to own.

I think my gti might be my last ice car.. Well assuming the ed50 doesn't pluck my heart strings...  :whistle:

Yeah, there’s always that question mark over the Ed50. Will VW go balls out similar to the 40 but more so given it’s a half century and Golfs will be winding down in sales volumes by then? With lower volumes and a dead end model the engineers might be able to pull more strings as opposed to cagey accountants reining them in.
Either way I don’t think I’ll be able to afford or justify one. In some ways I’m glad of the choice being taken away from me financially. Typically over my life I’ve concentrated an awful lot of my own finances into cars and modifications so drawing away from that gives me freedom to cut my working hours back which gives me more pleasure at my stage of life. Obviously that’s a very personal thing and I’m no longer a typical VW buyer whereas I once was (ie. Boringly predictable and brand loyal), and the world will keep turning.

I’d love an EV right now but there’s not one that’s 100% right for me yet.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2021, 08:29 »
I’ve always said that you’re wise, Andy.  :grin:

I am beginning to see the appeal of an EV on some level. Maybe that’s just the crazy fuel prices at the mo. EVs really have to come down in price for me as anything remotely exciting seems to cost the Earth. Must admit I’m having a bit of a wobble about the CS45 and any new VW full stop. If it wasn’t so good financially for me, I’d probably not bother with it.