Author Topic: Looking for some advice  (Read 5100 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Looking for some advice
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2015, 20:15 »
Best way to do that monkey?

Do you have a p/x to get shot of? Easier if not. If it's the Megane i'd sell privately - you won't get the best money for a Renault from a VW garage.

Selling privately you can chase the brokers to order you one - usually drivethedeal is cheapest for VWs, sometimes it's Orangewheels. If not, take down the broker price for your car and any options down to your local VW dealer and see how close they'll get to that price - you'll get the "my kids won't get any Christmas presents this year" look, but it's achievable if they've got a decent customer satisfaction rating and large volume bonuses going on (as most of the bigger groups have). If you get short shrift then try another dealership group.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2015, 07:15 »
I'm selling my 2yr old gtd for a lot less than a dealer will want and its got 3 years warranty on it still with a good few toys.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 October 2015, 11:41 »
GTD with a tuning box (easily removed for VW garage visits) and non-Bridgestone front tyres - a great combination. In my experience the DTUK box doesn't affect your mpg negatively - it halved the incidence of DPF regens.

My GTD seems to have been far more robust than my R that's just had a new Turbo at 4k miles.

Yeah my indicated MPG increased with the tuning box (to be expected due to the fooling that is going on with the ECU) but my actual MPG actually stayed the same. So a tuning box has delivered more performance with no negative impact on the MPG. It's magic.