Author Topic: mk4 detail  (Read 16595 times)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: mk4 detail
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2008, 14:44 »
sweet! il give it a try this weekend!
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2008, 14:51 »
personally i'm not a fan of waxes that come in a bottle and i'd recommend

collinite 476s not the best wax in the world but probably the best value and gives a nice long lasting finish.

i'd also recommend this clay kit

sonus ultra fine

ash you are aware that you're now on a slippery slope toward becoming a detailing geek, which will consume your weekends and money

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2008, 14:56 »
Il try and keep away from the darkside of detailing.

Its just that compared to other black mk4's my paint looks tired and that affects the overall look doesnt it!

:huh:
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2008, 15:00 »
Just to throw in another option... An alternative to SRP I've been looking at is dodo limeprime. Supposed to be a pure cleanser with a mild polishing action:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2008, 15:04 »
personally i'm not a fan of waxes that come in a bottle and i'd recommend

collinite 476s not the best wax in the world but probably the best value and gives a nice long lasting finish.

i'd also recommend this clay kit

sonus ultra fine

ash you are aware that you're now on a slippery slope toward becoming a detailing geek, which will consume your weekends and money

me too.. i think though for someone wanting a quicker solution it might be ok... and the megs is only half the price..

have you tried collinite 915... that is pretty groovy stuff too!  flippin hard wax though!

that clay kit is a good price and I would say go for that... you'll need a couple of microfibres to go with that too...

i think somewhere there is a polish or wax specifically for black paints?

Just to throw in another option... An alternative to SRP I've been looking at is dodo limeprime. Supposed to be a pure cleanser with a mild polishing action:

i just got some of this but haven't got around to using it yet... have you used it?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2008, 15:05 »

and oh soooooo true!!!  :grin:

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #26 on: 05 February 2008, 15:10 »

have you tried collinite 915... that is pretty groovy stuff too!  flippin hard wax though!

i actually use both  :laugh:

476s as the base, and then 915 on top (after the 476 has set)

you get the protection from the 476 and the extra depth from the 915 personally can't fault them for silver cars

don't dodo do a wax for blacks? i know zymol do but thats probably going to cost more than the car  :laugh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 05 February 2008, 16:04 »
Collinite 915 is the dogs danglies; got a couple of layers on mine and haven't applied any since August / Sep last year.  Washed it the other day and she still beads  :smug: :cool: gives a nice deep shine too

That Dodo Limeprime looks great; might have to invest in a bottle; need to pick up a few bits and pieces

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 05 February 2008, 16:16 »
don't dodo do a wax for blacks?

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
LOL

I haven't managed to convince myself to spurge the cash to get some limeprime yet.      Yet.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2008, 16:17 »
Collinite 915 is the dogs danglies;

IMO collinite in general is the shiz!

i'm on the order tomorrow as ran out of shampoo on sunday, just need to decide what to go for, any ideas?