Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 22826 times)

Offline passant

• GTI forum regular
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #110 on: 08 February 2014, 12:45 »
Right, as you have all probably read in the past posts I've put I've had my car lowered and the springs are just sitting in my room taking up space, how much would you say I put them on eBay for buy it now... standard mk6 gt tdi springs ... Any ideas?
Golf GT TDI 140 - Remapped & Refurbed Vancoovers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 08 February 2014, 14:05 »
Right, as you have all probably read in the past posts I've put I've had my car lowered and the springs are just sitting in my room taking up space, how much would you say I put them on eBay for buy it now... standard mk6 gt tdi springs ... Any ideas?

They are not a very sort after item and dont often break, Most people list them for £50 including postage. But if you ant a quick sale id say about £40
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline john_cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 09 February 2014, 20:08 »
are they the stock springs??

I'm after the GTD springs, which lower the car by 15mm. I've got a 2.0 TDI GT, but its not lowered.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 10 February 2014, 08:07 »
are they the stock springs??

I'm after the GTD springs, which lower the car by 15mm. I've got a 2.0 TDI GT, but its not lowered.

That's odd, because my GT TDI has sports suspension and is the same height as my mates GTD.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline john_cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #114 on: 10 February 2014, 08:25 »
here is a shot of the car

it doesnt look too bad here! But trust me, its worse from the side profile.

I'd really like to drop it just 15mm like the standard GTI / GTD.

I dont want to compromise the ride / comfort levels too much.

How does the 25mm drop feel compared to stock?
« Last Edit: 10 February 2014, 08:27 by john_cook »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #115 on: 10 February 2014, 08:38 »
^Hadwins??

The ride might be slightly firmer but still comfortable imo, best bet is to find a GTD for sale and have a go.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 10 February 2014, 08:49 »
Here's mine compared to a Match with standard suspension.

I know that the Match has 16" wheels. This picture really goes to show that larger wheels make a car appear higher than it really is. I measured both cars ride heights, from the center of the hub to the top of the wheel arch, and my GT is 17mm lower.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline john_cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #117 on: 10 February 2014, 11:45 »
^Hadwins??

The ride might be slightly firmer but still comfortable imo, best bet is to find a GTD for sale and have a go.

yes, Hadwins in Grange over sands. thanks

cheers Dubber 36, looks pretty similar on those shots.

arrggh, may end up going for the 25mm drop, hope my wife doesnt complain about the ride!! :whistle:
« Last Edit: 10 February 2014, 11:47 by john_cook »

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 10 February 2014, 12:34 »
25mm drop shouldn't really effect the ride at all mate cheap sh!t coilovers will speaking from experience  :whistle:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 10 February 2014, 13:49 »
I would have thought the spring rate would effect the ride, more so than the amount of drop.