Author Topic: Mk3 16v ISV issue  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Ogie

• Just got here
Mk3 16v ISV issue
« on: 13 December 2018, 01:00 »
Hi all, would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction with this as it’s been driving me mad the last while. Having serious running issues wit my mk3 ABF and no amount of searching has helped much, I’ll try to keep it short.

So it was sitting up for a few months as it needed a few bits (handbreak cables, CV joint) Fitted them and went for a drive, it seemed down a bit on power and as I got back it cut out. Wouldn’t start back up and gave an “engine start blocked by immobilizer” fault. (The battery died while trying to restart and the fault hasn’t come back since)

Turns out coil pack had died, changed it but it still wouldn’t idle, changed crank sensor and made sure the ISV was good, would start but wouldn’t idle for a while then wouldn’t start at all again. Turned out there was now no power at all to the ISV via black wire with ignition on. Rigged up an ignition live direct and now it starts, runs fine when driving but is lumpy with throttle when at a standstill and idle fluctuates. ISV is definitely good as I’ve tried 2 from running cars and none make any change to mine. Not sure where to go from here really 😔 would be really grateful of any input. Thanks guys