Author Topic: I have been absolutely killed off  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Mk7 rzy

• Not said much yet
I have been absolutely killed off
« on: 02 February 2018, 10:54 »
Hi all,

I recently purchased a mk7 golf gti stock. Dealer completely spoofed my driveaway insurance so had to source my own. I went through my current insurance that expires in June, and had to pay £720 PLUS my monthly amounts anyway which are £118...

Need some advice on who to go through, and if I will retain my 2 (soon to be 3) years no claims, if I switch mid-policy? I'm 24 and I'm not made of money  :grin: :cry:
quad exhausts on a gti? why not?

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
Re: I have been absolutely killed off
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2018, 13:30 »
Hi all,

I recently purchased a mk7 golf gti stock. . . . . I'm 24 and I'm not made of money  :grin: :cry:

:huh:

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2018, 13:50 »
If you switched today I’m pretty sure your no claims will stay at 2 years until next February. You probably would have been better off starting from scratch with a new company when you got the GTi, it wouldn’t have helped with the no claims but might have been cheaper. Have you done the comparison sites to see how competitive your current insurer is?
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Mk7 rzy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2018, 15:43 »
Hi all,

I recently purchased a mk7 golf gti stock. . . . . I'm 24 and I'm not made of money  :grin: :cry:

:huh:

Living at home with parents, paying very low in rent and in a job achieved from uni degree- I worked hard for this!  :whistle:

If you switched today I’m pretty sure your no claims will stay at 2 years until next February. You probably would have been better off starting from scratch with a new company when you got the GTi, it wouldn’t have helped with the no claims but might have been cheaper. Have you done the comparison sites to see how competitive your current insurer is?

My current insurer doesn't work on comparison websites, they were recommended by a friend previously with my 1.2 polo. I will 100% switch when July comes though. Any recommendations?

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2018, 08:37 »
Comparisons to get a baseline. Add parents as named drivers.

Then contact Chris Knott. They've helped me when Flux wanted another £1100 (I'd already paid £400 for the previous car) to insure my GTI when changing 3 months in to years insurance. Even beat my cheapest comparison quote by £20.

Pay in full if you can.

Offline Mk7 rzy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2018, 16:10 »

Then contact Chris Knott. They've helped me when Flux wanted another £1100 (I'd already paid £400 for the previous car) to insure my GTI when changing 3 months in to years insurance. Even beat my cheapest comparison quote by £20.

Pay in full if you can.

Noted! Thanks! :)

Offline srodgers87

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2018, 17:06 »
Currently with Chris Knott too.  I am changing from a Kia Pro Ceed GT to a GTi. After calling them they advise all I need to do is make up the difference for the remaining months. Extra £30 over the last 4 months.
They are very good too at comparisons, even after someone driving into my car and them accepting liability they didn't factor in the fact i made a claim and my renewal was about the same as the previous year bar a few quid.

Also add parents to insurance, mine reduced by quite a bit, even though they never drive the vehicle.

Pay in full if you can.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 13:04 by srodgers87 »