Author Topic: HIC - If you want a HIC insurance quote, please read....  (Read 108559 times)

Offline new-to-vdub

• Not said much yet
  • golf crazy
Re: HIC - If you want a HIC insurance quote, please read....
« Reply #90 on: 21 June 2013, 22:47 »
hi i have a mk4 golf gti turbo and once i got it fixed will be trying HIC to try get a quote cheaper then the many thousands i keep getting quoted

Offline roger1965

• Just got here
« Reply #91 on: 21 September 2013, 19:12 »
well after ringing a couple of insurance companies for a "classic" policy with a limited mileage.
one would not touch the car as it's a 1990 and apparently not old enough to qualify.
one would not quote as my golf is modified.
so i decided to give these HIC people a ring as there is some good feedback on here.
spoke to a chap called andrew.
he went through all my modifications and came back with a quote of £208.00 fully comp,
as i only paid previously £170.00 for my rs turbo with agreed value i decided to try and get it lower.
still ended up going back to  HIC and removed the lost key which is automatically added and eventually got it down to £183.00 plus the agreed value charge.
took this out as i was fed up with ringing round.
as i work for a major insurance company and get really good staff discounts on all my other insurance product's we unfortunately don't do "classic"policies.

Offline roger1965

• Just got here
« Reply #92 on: 25 September 2013, 19:59 »
well begining to regret this hic policy already.
after waiting a few days for all my documents i've now realised they had mailed them to me instead.
which has now eaten away into the time frame they have given for me to return all the required information.
i've had no internet for a couple of days and also have no printer.
it appears that after spending half an hour on the phone going through all my modifications and then accepting the quote i also now have to fill a form in confirming all the mods that had been done by a previous owner.
and they also are asking for information off the donor car which i do not have.
and also now want the engine number (hope i can find it). :angry:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #93 on: 04 October 2013, 11:56 »
well begining to regret this hic policy already.
after waiting a few days for all my documents i've now realised they had mailed them to me instead.
which has now eaten away into the time frame they have given for me to return all the required information.
i've had no internet for a couple of days and also have no printer.
it appears that after spending half an hour on the phone going through all my modifications and then accepting the quote i also now have to fill a form in confirming all the mods that had been done by a previous owner.
and they also are asking for information off the donor car which i do not have.
and also now want the engine number (hope i can find it). :angry:

send me your registration and I will have a look into for you....

Martin

Offline roger1965

• Just got here
« Reply #94 on: 04 October 2013, 19:14 »
hi martin,
that part is sorted now.
but the problem i have now is i told them about all my mods when i was quoted.
they have sent me a modification form which i have filled in and sent back a week ago,
i have been on line to check my account and the vehicle details says it's a 1297 cc when i have told them it's got a 1800 16v in it.
it also say's i past my test in 1993 when i told them it was 1984...
i have tried ringinging from work but i just end up on hold all the time and end up putting the phone down.
i have rang this evening and a girl on reception answered but apparently i was to late as they had gone home.
she said i would be put on the call back list but then i was told this is not guaranteed.

G123 CJN  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline roger1965

• Just got here
« Reply #95 on: 05 October 2013, 14:03 »
this has finally been sorted today......

Offline deejayceejay

• Just got here
« Reply #96 on: 23 January 2014, 15:39 »
Glad to say I gave you guys a call today and got a great quote. Looks like I'm in the HIC fold  :smiley:

Offline Dukester

• Just got here
« Reply #97 on: 08 May 2015, 15:41 »
If I haven't received a call back after submitting an online quote, does that mean that HIC can't beat my current best offer?

Offline Ridwanc

• Just got here
« Reply #98 on: 06 May 2016, 22:00 »
Hi all,

I have a question. I have 7 years ncd, my insurance will renew after 21 days where I will recieve 8 years ncd. I have just bought a GTi and will recieve delivery next week. If i were to insure my gti with 8 years ncd and then show proof of noclaims after my current cars insurance expires, will my new insurer cancel my insurance, since I started the policy on date before I had actually recieved 8 years ncd?