Author Topic: OEM sub+amp into mk3...anyone done it?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline timmy7hands

• Not said much yet
OEM sub+amp into mk3...anyone done it?
« on: 17 May 2012, 00:18 »
I'm toying with the idea of putting one of the 'OEM' Bose amp and sub setups out of an audi s3 into my mk3 golf.
has anyone done this before and would it be any different to installing an after=market amp and sub combo?

Cheers. Tim

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: OEM sub+amp into mk3...anyone done it?
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2012, 12:46 »
standard mk3 head units dont have a sub output afaik.

therefore you would either have to splice into the speeker wires and use the signal from there for the signal for your sub (may need an amp to power the speekers if thats the case as the sub will be taking a large portion of the power going to the speekers).

so you may have to buy an after market head unit. personally if it was me ide buy an after market  head unit and an after market sub and amp just because an after market sub and amp would be easier to pick up than one from a s3 or audi with the sound upgrade package.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2012, 21:17 »
I see that bose do spare wheel subwoofers that come in some mazdas and audi.

May aswel just go aftermarket over the s3 stuff but it all comes down to budget.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-TS-WX610A-spare-wheel-recess-Space-Saving-Amplified-Subwoofer-/170830726509?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27c64e056d
« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 21:19 by Mr Blue »
:)

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2012, 21:55 »
Underseat woofer?......
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline timmy7hands

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012, 10:13 »
Thanks again for all the info and advice guys.
  I probably should've mentioned that i already have a Kenwood head unit, and I have sourced the bose amp and sub for the tidy sum of £30 all in  :drool: this is partly why I thought I'd do that rather than aftermarket stuff.
 I also need to fit a pram etc in the boot so thought it might save a bit of space too.
That spare wheel sub looks like an ingenious contraption, but im trying to work on a really tight budget.  Plus, isn't OEM the new chrome?  :grin: