Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316531 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #600 on: 24 May 2013, 11:01 »
My dealer just emailed me.  My estimated BW has changed from 36 to 37... :angry:

I think I might call VW because I don't really trust the dealer is doing anything more than reading off a computer screen which may not be accurate.  Seems like people who have called in get a response that feels more reliable.

In other news, I updated the analysis thread with some info.  Not very interesting but helps pass the time.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254181.msg2331215#msg2331215

Could really use more than 2 people with confirmed BWs to respond to the survey though! haha.

EDIT:
Can anyone recommend a method of contacting VW that gets the best results?  Seemed like there was some praise for the responses via twitter a while back?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #601 on: 24 May 2013, 11:04 »
Bill: My dealer has always given me the impression that every update he has given me was as of a result of what VW UK tell him, not what he can see on a computer, although I would hope that a dealership would have access to better and more accurate info than we are. The only use for that tracker would seem to be for us to be assured it is on a boat from leaving the factory when it finally gets built.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #602 on: 24 May 2013, 11:07 »
Dealers should have direct access to VW in Germany. I just think VW UK are totally clueless when it comes to orders, dates, cars, configurators, pricelists..............................
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #603 on: 24 May 2013, 11:36 »
Yes but what is the nature of that direct access?  Is it just reading the output off this screen:
http://postimg.org/image/roqxcw5vv/

I'm not sure that is as reliable as talking to someone who checks with the factory directly.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #604 on: 24 May 2013, 13:02 »
My dealer just emailed me.  My estimated BW has changed from 36 to 37... :angry:

I'm provisional week 38 mate.  Had this confirmed by three different sources at VW, including my dealer this morning who called me.  Nothing that can be done about it unfortunately, but on the bright side, my part-ex is fixed, and I can save up more cash in the meantime.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #605 on: 24 May 2013, 13:07 »
Im nearly in the same boat. Wk 34/35 but with fixed trade in. Less to pay off more to save, only plus side mind!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #606 on: 24 May 2013, 14:04 »
Build weeks in the 30s let alone high 30s are just ridiculous.  One response I just had to the survey puts the guy on a BW of 43!  I really hope that one is a typo as his spec isn't that dissimilar to mine and he ordered in the same week I did :cry:.

I've contacted VW on Twitter to ask if they can get a better explanation of what is going on than my dealer can.  This wouldn't be hard as my dealer has no info at all other than a BW number.

They promised to look into it and get back to me Wednesday at the latest.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #607 on: 24 May 2013, 14:08 »
I agree Bear, it's ridiculous, and I've expressed my displeasure to my dealer, to the point that I will be insisting on some level of compensation if delivery goes beyond August as they told me.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #608 on: 24 May 2013, 14:46 »
I agree Bear, it's ridiculous, and I've expressed my displeasure to my dealer, to the point that I will be insisting on some level of compensation if delivery goes beyond August as they told me.

Yes.  Moving the date around by a couple of weeks seems fair but I'm currently looking at an additional two months on top of a lead time that was already almost four months!  Its not like the factory burnt down or any other kind of special circumstances either... they just can't seem to give proper estimates or any reason why its going to take so long to make the cars.  Its as if they're making just one a day and they have assigned the order semi randomly. :angry:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #609 on: 24 May 2013, 15:44 »
Bill: Am I right in thinking that it looks like my dad's GTD will be the first mainland UK GTD getting here and maybe even the first DSG GTD?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.