Author Topic: The Galaxy V6 - Family/Work vehicle  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
The Galaxy V6 - Family/Work vehicle
« on: 09 March 2012, 10:20 »
Well being as I am bored I thought I would add my VW powered Galaxy to the non dubs as I am feeling left out!

Bought the bus in July last year after selling a poxy little Meriva that I hated!

So this is the bus when I got it.

Low mileage and well looked after by a Police force somewhere near you! 60k and every little bit of the car is good. Its is the 204hp model and pulls like a train. Great fun and comfy to drive. Perfect for converting into a little van as my LWB LT is a nightmare when I pop out to quote jobs, so win win situation. Down side is fuel but hey, thats the deal with a V6 eh?  :grin:  Still need a certain forum members skills in cleaning it up nicely (you know who you are, and if you don't Guy! :grin:)

I have had the bus signwritten on the rear and have recently done my wheels in a Honda colour (Storm) found on Civics but used a Matt clearcoat and love the finish. I won't post that yet as I am still deciding on the centres!

To Be Continued! :smiley:

« Last Edit: 09 March 2012, 10:25 by Martz »

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Re: The Galaxy V6 - Family/Work vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2012, 22:02 »
Nice one for a big old bus!  :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the wheels  :smiley:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2012, 11:57 »
Nice one for a big old bus!  :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the wheels  :smiley:

Cheers, pics will have to wait until I get it back. My wifey decided to close the door on the MK3 on her knee and somehow manager to tear ligiments???? Feck knows how, so shes in the auto for now. :laugh:

Wheels looking pretty smart but I am looking a sets on eBay, I want to go 18"s with the same style so will most likely be refurbing again!  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2012, 12:03 »
you are blaming the wife  :rolleyes: you wanted the mk3 really  :grin:

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2012, 20:00 »
Give the car for the wife to use to help her out (standard part of marriage I know! :grin:)

The thanks I get...................................................... one freshly kerbed alloy!  :lipsrsealed:

Damn you wifey! :smiley:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2012, 10:50 »
That V6 is awesome  :cool: Not sure If I'd cope with the MPG you get though, I had about 31MPG the day we met up for the plate change and you had something much, much lower  :grin:

You should change to steelies when letting the wife use it, it'll be quicker to swap the wheel over (and cheaper) than repairing the wheels all the time  :grin:

I'd still have my derv if it wasn't such a rusty, to the moon and back, twice, milage shitter  :laugh: (The guy I sold it too spent £700 on a new flywheel, not to mention the nearing £1k mark it would have needed on top of that for other parts to get it through MOT :lipsrsealed: )
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2012, 21:33 »
Gosh! £95 in fuel for a full tank and will be revisiting in 5 days for more. 11MPG with a heavy foot. :lipsrsealed: and 27MPG being good. :nerd:

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2012, 22:16 »
May aswell update then.

MOT - Passed no issues
Wheels - Changed to multi colour passat one (thanks Mr C), they will be for sale now as I have found the 18"s I have been after.

Yeah yeah, pics say more than words so wait till tomorrow so I can take and upload.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2012, 22:17 »
oh yeah, wheels - when you doing the veccies  :grin:

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2012, 22:52 »
oh yeah, wheels - when you doing the veccies  :grin:

lol, when your ready mate. One Sat if you want. Early August is free.