Author Topic: Random problems cropping up after fixing car  (Read 1544 times)

Offline invame

• Not said much yet
Random problems cropping up after fixing car
« on: 04 September 2010, 22:39 »
Hi all,

My car has been in a friends lockup for about a month for a respray and for several jobs that needed doing, namely rear shocks, disk pads all round (I bled the brakes with the engine running after replacing the pads as I'm led to believe you're supposed to do with an ABS system) and two new front brake disks. On turning the ignition and starting the car for the first time the fuel gauge read empty and the ABS light on the far right next to the door (the dash insert one) came on and has stayed on since. The fuel gauge needle however is now showing a full tank everytime I start the car even after driving about 40 miles earlier today and doesn't look as though it has any intention of moving from full. I was hoping it was some kind of electrical gremlin so I disconected the battery for an hour but it hasn't made any difference. I just wanted to ask for advice first before attempting to fix the individual problems (that didn't exist before the car went into the lockup) in the hope that they may not be "real" problems at all and down to a faulty relay or condensation or something. If anyone has experienced something similar or has any advice on how to proceed it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline invame

• Not said much yet
Re: Random problems cropping up after fixing car
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2010, 19:44 »
I guess I was hoping a bit. Upon further investigation they are "real" problems after all.