Author Topic: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM  (Read 34106 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #40 on: 07 January 2010, 23:20 »
Well today i had a nice successful day for a change even with the crappy weather!

I went to A D Autotechnik to get my ECS Clutch & Lightweight flywheel and my 034 Motorsports TRACKDENSITY engine mounts (over 90% stiffer than stock lol) fitted, along with getting my finally finished brake upgrade bled!

The flywheel makes a fair bit of noise on idle due to being alot lighter than the stock dual mass flywheel and its also alot lighter than the g60 flywheels a lot of people use.  The noise doesnt bother me in the slightest due to the nature of the car!  The clutch pedal feels so much lighter now aswel with a really nice bighting point so am over the moon even though i havent really had a chance to test it yet due to the car prety much permanently being in limp mode  :lipsrsealed:

Now on to the engine mounts lol.  Well lets just say you can tell that they are over 90% stiffer than stock! The whole car shakes all the time and also the engine noise is transfered into the cabin alot louder.  Again this doesnt really bother me but i wouldnt really reccomend them to anyone with any fillings!

And now that the brakes are all bled i am over the moon with my choice of R32 calipers as they feel very impressive so far, shame i couldnt keep my brembos but dont regret getting these one bit.

After today i really cant reccomend A D Autotechnik enough! They really are top fellas and i will not be taking my car anywhere else for any work to be done (except obviously R-Tech lol) 

Needless to say after spending a day in the workshop asking questions and looking at there many engines that were sitting on stands i now have a prety good idea what route im going to go down with the car power wise.  So am on the look out for a cheap AGU lump that i can put on a stand and build up in my garage :smiley:

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #41 on: 23 January 2010, 21:52 »
Well i am now the proud owner of 2.5 1.8T engines!

I have my AUM in the car an AGU in the garage and a BAM head on its way to me monday!  :tongue:

I currently am stripping the agu engine down to rebuild so i can safely run a big turbo kit when funds allow!  The engine is at the moment on a engine stand in the garage in need of a good clean!  Tommorow hopefully i will be removing the old sump and removing all the oil and shoot that is all over the engine!

I am sourcing parts for the rebuild over the next couple of months hoping to save money on parts as and when they come up for sale, already have picked up a good amount of bits for some good prices!

P.S. Seat subframes came on Thursday finally so will be fitting my seats tommorow morning weather permitting!

New bad boy:

« Last Edit: 23 January 2010, 21:54 by BaV »

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #42 on: 28 March 2010, 18:05 »
New pics of the new front end on the car.  Possibly the last pics of the car :cry:

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #43 on: 09 April 2010, 22:19 »
Car is now gone so no more updates!  :cry: