Author Topic: VW Arteon  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
VW Arteon
« on: 04 January 2018, 17:57 »
Anyone checked one out, got any opinions?

Seems to be some good l;ease offers at the moment and I am tempted :-)

R-Line 190 PS (petrol) 7-speed DSG I think - probably Pure White.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: VW Arteon
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2018, 19:42 »
I quite like it, but I don't think many of the critics have been overly kind.

https://youtu.be/gAOzyMDgVo0

However if you find one on a cheap lease deal, it still has lots of appeal. My only issue was it still lacked some kit i was hoping would be standard, such as rear camera and heated screen. So by the time i'd added them, along with the nice wheels and metallic paint, the cheap lease wasn't quite so cheap anymore. I didn't really need so much space so went for a Golf instead, by virtue of its lower day to day running costs.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2018, 19:45 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2018, 08:21 »
Thanks for the reply Guzzle and good link too.

I can live without options (OK the camera I would miss) and limit additional lease expense to paint only, so the current deals work for me so long as i can get my head around the concept of not driving a Golf!

Offline BentonGri

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2018, 14:12 »
Thanks for the reply Guzzle and good link too.

I can live without options (OK the camera I would miss) and limit additional lease expense to paint only, so the current deals work for me so long as i can get my head around the concept of not driving a Golf!

That's exactly it. I could never imagine not driving a Golf myself. Arteon looks great by the way. But it's not a Golf.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2021, 20:59 by BentonGri »

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2018, 17:41 »
I had a look at these in R line and the Superb Sportline (estate) before I went for an R. Both great cars in the 280 4x4 trim but expensive. I didn't think they'd hold as much value as the Golf either. I'm running a CC at the mo and decided against Arteon.

Have to say the Superb is as good as the 2010 Audi A6 Avant I had a few years ago, interior quality is first class. I was very surprised by it, just didn't get my head round the looks. My wife loved it
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2018, 20:29 »
What was wrong with the Superb Sportline? I think they look great, just too big for me that's all.
7.5 GTD

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2018, 00:09 »
I think they look a little bland, even in 280 Sportline trim. Very much a Q car I guess. The front looks good but I find the side needs side skirts and I'm not keen on the rear. The lights don't look quite right to me either. That's just my personal take, the wife loved it. If I could of got a better deal I may have been swayed.

After running the numbers a spec'd one came in about the same as the Golf R estate after discounts.... With the extra performance and tech I went for the Golf.

I think in a few years they will be a great second hand buy. So much car for your money

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2018, 11:41 »
I think they look very nice but I wouldn't buy one. I have a feeling the sales numbers are far below what was hoped for them so far and will continue to be.