Author Topic: keys locked in car??  (Read 20643 times)

Offline stretch85

• Not said much yet
keys locked in car??
« on: 06 March 2011, 14:12 »
my other half was cleaning the car out and put the keys in the boot, the car doors auto locked and she shut the boot.this is the only key, what should i do???

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: keys locked in car??
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2011, 14:18 »
I had this before, but my keys were in the ignition. I called my breakdown cover and they used wedges in the door and a rod to press the unlock button on the key.

However as yours are in the boot, you'll somehow need to get to the boot. Wedging the door and pressing the unlock button on the door won't work, as the car will be deadlocked.

It may likely that you'll have to 'break in'  :undecided:
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline s-l-i-x

• I live here
  • Golf MK4 1.8T AGU
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2011, 15:33 »
One of these has come in handy in the past....

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2011, 15:37 »
gutted! i did similar with my womans new bug. keys were sat on the seat. you need to physically press that button on the keys. so get braking in.

Offline GTISue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2011, 19:13 »
Oh dear  :sad:

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2011, 19:18 »
you wud be better off breaking the lock than doing anything extreme with a brick. do it the old fashion big hammer a screwdriver break in way.if you can get to the bonnet catch from underneath the front of the car and get the bonnet open sometimes some cars if you disconnect and reconnect battery can affect the central locking to go off. but only on old dodgy cars but worth a try ??

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2011, 19:23 »
you wud be better off breaking the lock than doing anything extreme with a brick. do it the old fashion big hammer a screwdriver break in way.if you can get to the bonnet catch from underneath the front of the car and get the bonnet open sometimes some cars if you disconnect and reconnect battery can affect the central locking to go off. but only on old dodgy cars but worth a try ??

To be honest, more damage would be done to bodywork and locks that way.

Maybe it is best to tape a window up, break it, fold it up as it breaks and get to the boot via folding the rear seat down.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2011, 20:04 »
ye cuz popping a lock or breaking into the engine bay is more damage than smashing a window in . ye good one mate ye !!!!  :nerd:he wants the keys back with as little damage and lack of security as possible smashing the sh!t out of a window isnt really the best idea all the weather will get in you can get your stereo nicked the car damp cause a smell. how much for a new window fitted immediately or pop a lock in the boot handle then either replace barrel or fit a boot popper . much cheaper also good excuse to get smoothed boot.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2011, 20:05 by p11jon »

dub268

« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2011, 20:08 »
I would try for door lock could easier then boot lock and a good excuse for de-lock after  :grin:

Offline turbomick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2011, 20:10 »
i have a lock out kit if u close by mate