Author Topic: Negative attention on the road  (Read 4263 times)

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
Re: Negative attention on the road
« Reply #20 on: 28 November 2009, 15:45 »
No but did have a mk5 gti chasing me up the A19 the other day. I was doing about 100-110mph and pulled across to the inside lane but he didn't want to pass. He just wanted to stay behind me.

Was that a typo?  Did you mean kph?

It must have been as its not "Sensible" to admit speeding on the internet. :wink:

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2009, 17:32 »
Not sure if its negative or just simple attention, but I get a bit of it too.

Dont know why everyone seems to want to race me though. I of course gladly oblige nearly every time, enjoyed whoring a VW EOS 2.0FSI last night. And even had a Fiesta try it on  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Jkctr

« Reply #22 on: 28 November 2009, 17:53 »
MK4 gti's (always fail which is fun) and MK5 GT's

Other than that most people just seem to want me to put my foot down for the noise as they never follow with speed, just arrive behind smiling and nodding  :laugh:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #23 on: 28 November 2009, 18:10 »
Keep your R32 Jules, you'll miss that sound.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2009, 18:27 »
A few posts in this thread is probably the exact reason you are getting negative attention Spartacus.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jkctr

« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2009, 19:34 »
Keep your R32 Jules, you'll miss that sound.

Would rather have aids than sell the 32 mate but needs must.

Would love a turbo mk4 as a weekend car in a few years  :evil:

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2009, 20:47 »
I remember on the Mk6's test drive a 12 year old noob and his mate in a old mk4 gti was inch's off my bumber for ages, then even pulled out into incoming traffic and whyen cutting back in, almost went into the front side of the test drive car! Not sure what it proved - that he was dumb driver?

Also think it depends on where you're driving and if it's rush hour. IMO Manchester is worst with everyone seems highly aggressive - cut you up\ drive through red, way worse than London. On the hand, each time I've been to Leeds or Liverpool, the drivers there seem to be far more chilled out and considerate, just what I've found).

Regarding cars in the current GTI I never seem to have problems, but I've also got a Corsa for a short while, and oddly I've noticed I always seem to get tail gated even in a 30 zone in the corsa, noticed it way way more than the Golf. Even when either car is driven at the same speeds about town or on the motorway.

But...... I know someone who has an R8 who finds they get tailgated by Golf GTI's all the time. I don't understand that, why bother as R8 is way faster than them, and if the numpty's crash into the back of an R8 (a tailgating GTI has no chance of stopping against an R8 doing an emergency stop)  - their insurance bill will cost a mint!

Jkctr

« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2009, 22:34 »
The noise mate, i gave an R8 a few blips......he showed me up  :laugh: