Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 300041 times)

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #850 on: 01 April 2017, 23:21 »
So...

Dynamic Light assist.  On the configurator a few weeks ago, if you went for this option for £630 it also added LED lights for around £330 as well, which made little sense as the GTD/GTi come with LED's.

Now it seems if you add the Dynamic light assist, it no longer adds LED's and the extra cost, which makes more sense, unless I am missing something ?
I specced up the car I have on order, first with the VW app and then with the dealer, to include the Dynamic Light Assist option at £310. What I didn't know (and nor did the dealer) is that to have DLA you also need Lane Assist at £630 as that adds the camera behind the rear view mirror. I wanted DLA but not bothered about Lane Assist so argued my case (referring to the Configurator App along with the PDF spec that the dealer originally emailed me) that it was VWs mistake and they should be honouring the original price. The dealer was taking it up with VW and a couple of days later I noticed that the app had changed so that adding *either* DLA or Lane Assist added the other as well, making the cost £940.

What seems to have happened now (in the app at least, I don't use the website) is that VW have amended things so that the only option is £630 for Lane Assist which also includes DLA.

As you say, LED lights are standard but it's the LED in combination with DLA that is the extra, and requires Lane Assist (or Lane Assist Plus).
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #851 on: 02 April 2017, 06:45 »
I am confused with the facelift as some seem to have fog lights whilst others don't. In Geneva the GTI had front fog lights but the one in the showroom I saw on Friday did not.
Anyone know why? I thought it would be a PP thing but we can't get that here yet.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #852 on: 02 April 2017, 08:30 »
GTI and GTD 7.5's have fogs just like the 7's did.... R's of course don't.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #853 on: 02 April 2017, 20:22 »
I agree with JamesR27 - although the Price List 23rd March says all GTI/GTD's have front fog lights there have been pictures on here that appear to show cars without any front fogs - confused  :undecided:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #854 on: 02 April 2017, 21:05 »
I agree with JamesR27 - although the Price List 23rd March says all GTI/GTD's have front fog lights there have been pictures on here that appear to show cars without any front fogs - confused  :undecided:

The GTI / D still has fogs. They're just not that visible unless switched on due to the black plastic / fins around them. Even more so on the facelift.

The R has no fogs... just big open holes in the bumper where they "would" be.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #855 on: 03 April 2017, 05:55 »

The GTI / D still has fogs. They're just not that visible unless switched on due to the black plastic / fins around them. Even more so on the facelift.

The R has no fogs... just big open holes in the bumper where they "would" be.

On the PP that on sale in Sweden, the foglights are optional. I heard people don´t want them, because they will build cooling for the brakes instead.. :)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #856 on: 03 April 2017, 07:02 »
Show cars may not have them because different countries have different specs.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #857 on: 03 April 2017, 10:05 »
Another GTI review in English -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZYFK7oAGj8

At 45 seconds - no fog lights.

The car reviewed in VW Driver definitely has fog lights.

At 4:20 - sport suspension and 19 inch alloys are talked about.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #858 on: 03 April 2017, 10:16 »
Sorry if this has been posted before, but worth another look.

3 minutes of a Golf R driving round a track :drool: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAo9gXG3oc

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #859 on: 03 April 2017, 10:35 »
Another GTI review in English -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZYFK7oAGj8

At 45 seconds - no fog lights.

The car reviewed in VW Driver definitely has fog lights.

At 4:20 - sport suspension and 19 inch alloys are talked about.

Another UK GTI with no fog lights for sale in the used cars section on VW's website. In addition to the video showing no visible signs of front foglights in the front bumper, look at the light switch at 1min 25sec in the video, which only has the rear fog light symbol on the L/H side of the switch. Also a good chance to see White Silver on a GTI.

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Golf-GTI/GTD/R/GTE/2.0-TSI-GTI-230-PS-DSG/Huntingdon/3708610-606257700-42148.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl