Author Topic: misfiring gti now fixed!!  (Read 1001 times)

vwsystems

misfiring gti now fixed!!
« on: 22 April 2004, 00:57 »
after a few weeks of been with out it its now fixed....
i a whole week trying everything to cure it but i couldnt find what was up with it.......well its been to lakeside and they have sorted it.......
they nearly didnt tho, rang me up and said that they couldnt find what was up with it......so we said work on it for another hour........there labour charge is ?60 - 70 per hour!
they spent hour and half on it but the guy said that they were really on it 4 hours and he said all the mechanics were trying to sort it and there were 4 mechanics on it at one time!!!!! he said they did a compression test and the engine is good........ he said for a 201000 mile car its pretty damn good !!

they found the fault............bloody leads thats beru for you! which are new well nearly a year old........i'm taking them back.....
but we checked the leads and got a spark from each one!!!!! so if it hadnt have gone there it wouldnt have got fixed!!!!!!

all together it was ?120 he knocked some off.....
thats including ?25 vw original quantum leads so i'm glad they fixed it as they could have had ?90 off me and not have found the fault!!!!!

it has a new dissy and rotor arm.......and champion EON plugs......and also optimax in it........and it goes like a rocket........really pulls.........

big thanks to lakeside vw for all there mechanics interest in my golf....... brillant garage...........they even vacumed it and washed it.......... :)