Author Topic: Few Oill Spots on Drive  (Read 982 times)

Offline NobbyMk3GTI

• Not said much yet
  • Forums are always full of dicks!
Few Oill Spots on Drive
« on: 17 July 2012, 17:40 »
Just got an X plate 1.8 turbo, runs and drives great, just noticed few spots of oil on drive, what are commen things to look for on these when i get under there later? Hopefully nothing to worry about! drip seems to be at the back rather than front near oil filter? 

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: Few Oill Spots on Drive
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2012, 17:42 »
be leaking from sump plug no doubt

Offline NobbyMk3GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2012, 17:50 »
Hope so, is sump plug round the back, cant get under it till i nip round my old mans later!

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2012, 18:58 »
yes back off the sump

Offline NobbyMk3GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2012, 19:33 »
Thought i had got lucky as oil was exactly where you said but unfortunatly theres a tiny crack in front of it! Plus also cracked the headlight and stone chipped the front end to fcuk! Bloody council stone chipping everywhere round here at minute so im starting to think saying this MK4 gti is superior to other mk gti's was a bit premature lol! Anyway ive chemical metalled the sump in hope it stops the oil until i get hold of sump if anyone has one give me a shout, my car does not even sit that low!
« Last Edit: 17 July 2012, 20:25 by NobbyMk3GTI »

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2012, 19:48 »
Thought i had got lucky as oil was exactly where you said but unfortunatly theres a tiny crack in front of it! Plus also cracked the headlight and stone chipped the front end to fcuk! Bloody council stone chipping everywhere round here at minute so im starting to think saying this MK4 gti is superior to other mk gti's lol! Anyway ive chemical metalled the sump in hope it stops the oil until i get hold of sump if anyone has one give me a shout, my car does not even sit that low!

some 1 probally mounted a curb before or something, hope u got deep pockets with this superior saying u have  :grin: :grin: