Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627240 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #710 on: 17 July 2013, 20:47 »
New Black nose....

..and a cheeky little sticker....

:smiley:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline phil1975

• Not said much yet
  • Candy White 61 Plate Gti
« Reply #711 on: 17 July 2013, 22:46 »
Full detail, washed, iron x, tardis, clayed, polished, sealed, chemical guys butter wet look wax. :cool:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #712 on: 17 July 2013, 23:01 »
Full detail, washed, iron x, tardis, clayed, polished, sealed, chemical guys butter wet look wax. :cool:

Looks good. Mk2 XR2 looks good too; wanted one of these in the early 80's, but went for an XR3 instead (sorry, I was young and foolish!), when I should have gone for a mk1 Golf GTI.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline phil1975

• Not said much yet
« Reply #713 on: 18 July 2013, 08:48 »

Looks good. Mk2 XR2 looks good too; wanted one of these in the early 80's, but went for an XR3 instead (sorry, I was young and foolish!), when I should have gone for a mk1 Golf GTI.

:smiley: Thanks, was worth all the effort.

Well spotted "project xr2" bought with a mate of mine back in may, currently mid way through a restoration (looking sorry for itself today no bodykit or interior, going in for a respray) current plan is to buy a car every year or two, restore, keep, build a small collection. A mk1 or mk2 gti is definitely on that wish list!!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #714 on: 18 July 2013, 09:01 »
There's a woman round our way that still drives the E reg, white XR2 that she's had from new. It's still got the original dealers number plates and stickers. Looks half tidy and sounds very sweet. Well as sweet as a CVH can, and not a hint of blue smoke.  :cool:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline phil1975

• Not said much yet
« Reply #715 on: 18 July 2013, 10:32 »
There's a woman round our way that still drives the E reg, white XR2 that she's had from new. It's still got the original dealers number plates and stickers. Looks half tidy and sounds very sweet. Well as sweet as a CVH can, and not a hint of blue smoke.  :cool:

Mines a E plate to, they do have a distinct engine/exhaust note, the car is currently at the it can only get better from now stage....

Hopefully be running on twin carbs soon, 120bhp-ish it needs no more!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 18 July 2013, 10:47 by phil1975 »

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #716 on: 18 July 2013, 18:00 »
Pianted my rear diffuser black. Its having its 2 pack clear laquer applied as I type. Be ready to put back on. Couldn't believe how easy it was to take off - 2 mins.

Had to clean it with thinners, quick flat with 800 grade, apply a thin coat of 'adhesion improver' from an aerosol, sprayed it satin black (doesn't matter if its having clearcoat on top) and took to a mates who is finishing it off.

You can in fact clearcoat it with 2 pack laquer from an aerosol from your local paint factors for the same effect.

Going to look tasty on my red GTi with Monza's... has to be a good mod for under a tenner.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2013, 18:04 by andygo »

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #717 on: 18 July 2013, 19:10 »

Mines a E plate to, they do have a distinct engine/exhaust note, the car is currently at the it can only get better from now stage....

Hopefully be running on twin carbs soon, 120bhp-ish it needs no more!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good :cool:

I have owned a few over the years, my best one was an E reg back in the mid 90's which I modded and went like stink, nearly as quick as my subsequent 1.9 205 GTi.

Would love another, but I daren't think as to how bad the rust would be :sick:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #718 on: 19 July 2013, 08:43 »
I took mine around cadwell last night on an evening track day. Car was superb, completely stock with bridgestone potenza's all round, great fun! time to but some track tyres and a new set of rims!
Mk6 gti, REVO Stage 2, TBE, Filter, Wind Deflectors.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #719 on: 19 July 2013, 21:33 »
Pianted my rear diffuser black. Its having its 2 pack clear laquer applied as I type. Be ready to put back on. Couldn't believe how easy it was to take off - 2 mins.

Had to clean it with thinners, quick flat with 800 grade, apply a thin coat of 'adhesion improver' from an aerosol, sprayed it satin black (doesn't matter if its having clearcoat on top) and took to a mates who is finishing it off.

You can in fact clearcoat it with 2 pack laquer from an aerosol from your local paint factors for the same effect.

Going to look tasty on my red GTi with Monza's... has to be a good mod for under a tenner.

Get some pics up when its done, I want to do mine, as soon as I get my car back that is  :cry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!