Author Topic: January 10th meet - For those travelling from T'North - Sandbach Services 7:30am  (Read 27434 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
A few of us were discussing at the Awesome RR day at the weekend about arranging a convoy down.  The plan is to meet at Sandbach Service Station.  Then head down the M6, under Stoke on the A50, and meet up with some others on the M1.

Sandbach Services - 7:30am
RoadChef
M6 J16-17

M1 Service Station - 8:30am
Donington Park Services
Moto
M1 J23A

Anyone interested?

People meeting at Sandbach
bobbarley
b16roy69
jwelsh12
jason2875
mikemk4gti
« Last Edit: 03 December 2009, 20:50 by bobbarley »

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: January 10th meet - For those travelling from the North
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2009, 21:24 »
jonnys from the northeast and me to  :grin: i'm hoping to come down although not on the r/r tho just to meet up with everyone really we were on about meeting up with paul (hulmie) on the M1 before the M69 somewhere so maybe you other northerners couldmeet us lot to  :undecided:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2009, 21:25 »
jonnys from the northeast and me to  :grin: i'm hoping to come down although not on the r/r tho just to meet up with everyone really we were on about meeting up with paul (hulmie) on the M1 before the M69 somewhere so maybe you other northerners couldmeet us lot to  :undecided:

Yeah could do, I think we'd probably go under Stoke and join onto the M1 somewhere.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2009, 21:48 »
well nearer the time we'll have to look at the routes everyone is taking and if we all on the m1 heading north bound then meet at the services. like me and Matt have said will be setting off early to try get to R-tech for 8am ish

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2009, 21:51 »
well nearer the time we'll have to look at the routes everyone is taking and if we all on the m1 heading north bound then meet at the services. like me and Matt have said will be setting off early to try get to R-tech for 8am ish
aye probs be a 4'oclock start for us i'l have to speak to mr turbo as i'l drop down to durham on our way to the m1
nigel we will probs be joining the M1 from the M18 thats the route me and jonny went the last time iirc
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 01 December 2009, 21:51 »
Means sweet Fa to me mate, I've only ever been on the M1 once  :grin:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #6 on: 01 December 2009, 21:55 »
been on it alot recently  :laugh: and back down it again before xmas to visit nick  :laugh: its those fecking roadworks that are a pain if i get nabbed speeding i'l tell them james may says its logical  :grin: :grin:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2009, 21:57 »
think you'll either come acorss the M62 onto the M1 or head down and across to the M1 vis stoke way like ya said.

been on it alot recently  :laugh: and back down it again before xmas to visit nick  :laugh: its those fecking roadworks that are a pain if i get nabbed speeding i'l tell them james may says its logical  :grin: :grin:

Tell me about it mate, i use the M1 every week and there's 2 lots of roadworks now, chesterfield to Notts and some around leicester.

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2009, 22:03 »
think you'll either come acorss the M62 onto the M1 or head down and across to the M1 vis stoke way like ya said.

Tell me about it mate, i use the M1 every week and there's 2 lots of roadworks now, chesterfield to Notts and some around leicester.

oh aye i'd forgot about those  :laugh: great!!
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2009, 22:04 »
For those in the Manchester area there are two possible routes.  Google prefers the first one, but Garmin favours the second.