Author Topic: Voodoo-Music - gt28 conversion project  (Read 5937 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Voodoo-Music - gt28 conversion project
« on: 30 March 2009, 00:24 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
Re: Voodoo-Music - gt28 conversion project
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2009, 19:48 »
Thanks jv

Well to start off I will tell you how i come to have this car.

I have over the years had many vw's. I love them, there well built and i have never really had to spend money fixing them. I thought it time for a change and bought a 2003 m3 with all the toys and smg, driving home at Christmas at 3 in the morning from my job as a dj in a local nightclub i lost control and smashed it up causing £19000 worth of damage. To add insult to a head injury the day after my girlfriend dropped the bob “Mark, I’m pregnant" Holy Sh!t

Very SAD Christmas and I was driving a stinking horrible Peugeot as a fill in. I remember driving along thinking who the hell designed this car, he had to be French.
Anyway not long after my insurance company dug their hands into their pockets and pulled me out £17000, WHAT, i paid nearly £22000. Decided not to argue and my brain said take the money and run as I had omitted some details hmmmm

I found the golf on the auto trader and told the guy I would be there within 10 mins a taxi ride later I drove away in 2001 golf GTi T, 95000 miles, full history and a pack full of receipts. The car already had the R32 kit and R32 interior but this had not been finished off and not done by a man with OCD lol ME. The interior trim, finger and dash panels’ had been removed and sprayed silver, the parcel shelf missing, the exhaust was crap make and the induction kit looked like it was made by a 10 year old, not to mention the ATMOSPHERIC dump valve.

The ultimate goal is to have my GT28rs + hardware kit to arrive and have it fitted and mapped. Will be updating this whilst jobs get done

This was unacceptable so my quest started, this is what I have done so far

ENGINE
Forge Boost Hoses (Black)
Forge Coolant Hoses (Black)
Forge DV007P (Black)
K04 001 Turbo
Stage 2 Remap
Large Front Mount Intercooler
Smoothed Air box + DSG Intake
Pipercross (No Oil) Panel Filter

EXHAUST
Milltek R32 System
Full Poly Bush Hanger Kit
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
Eibach 40mm Springs (not fitted)
Eibach Front & Rear ARB
19” RS6 Replica Wheels
Avon ZZR Tyres

BODYWORK
R32 Front Bumper incl Grills
R32 Rear Bumper
R32 Side Skirts
Enfig Stub Ariel
Sharan Rear Badge
8000 HiD Kit

INTERIOR
R32 Seats
Aluminum Finger Plates
Race Diagnostics Liquid Gauge
Acoustic Shelf
W8 Interior Light
Awesome Indigo Gauge Kit
Aluminum 3 Pod Din Holder

ICE
Blaupunkt Hamburg HU

PICS

« Last Edit: 30 March 2009, 20:10 by Voodoo-Music »

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2009, 17:52 »
Decided to put right the mess the previous owner did and replaced the full dash to the anni and i love it.

Also replaced the rear badge with the sharan one which is great but not really seeing the fascination

GT28 still to come

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2009, 14:33 »
Well as most of you have already readbeen having problems withthe car so i decided to clean the throttle body, took about a hour including many many cups of tea. Just really need the forge intercooler hose as they sent the wrong one with my kit

Anyway, pics

dirty

clean

more to come when i fix the idle and vacuum issues

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2009, 19:48 »
It has been a eventfull month this month, i have had to have a water pump replaced and have finished most of the little jobs that needed done. I have fitted the new airbag clips to stop the car winging at me and also have cut and fitted all the bumper inserts to fit around the intercooler

I also fitted the rear quarters with sound deadening which has made a huge difference.

Hopefully i will get to do the gt28 conversion now