Author Topic: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM  (Read 34126 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2009, 21:57 »
Got home from work today and had a few parcels.........

This is what was in them

Little jiffy bag!  ...  Mk5 Rear wiper

Smaller box   ...   Forge DV relocation kit

Big Box!   ...   Long awaited Forge FMIC  :smiley:

Hopefully i will have time to fit everything tommorow afternoon

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #11 on: 24 February 2009, 23:40 »
Heres a picture of the brakes i am getting too.   :laugh:

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #12 on: 25 February 2009, 23:21 »
what brakes are they mate and where you getting them? cant wait ill i have enough for a FMIC  :grin:

Alright mate they are calipers from a LCR.  I have bought them from a guy who is an expert on VAG brakes, he had a mk4 which he built this kit for but then sold it to buy a mk5 so these brakes were no good to him anymore.  Because they were for his own car there has been no expense spared on the quality of the bits that he used to build the kit. This is what he said about them in hes advert.

I have finally got around to selling my LCR Brembo brake setup, this was originally planned to go onto my Mk4 which I sold for a Mk5 so I just cant justify keeping hold of it any more. As you can see fom the pics, this isn't a garage sprayed covered in brake dust ebay special, this is for all intents and purposes a new setup, the calipers have been stripped, powder coated, laquered, resealed, new bleed nipples, covers. The bores have been inhiibited with VAG lithium grease so if you dont get around to fitting them until show season then no problem

Also new are the Pads, Discs (Cadmium plated anti rust EBC Dimpled and Grooved), Brand new in their bags OEM SEAT hoses, Brand new Seat 323 Disc shields

The Boxed OEM carriers have been powder coated in Hi Gloss Black

The Pad fitting kit has been sent off and electro nickel plated for longevity as have the hose mount brackets and hose spring clips that are now attached to the carriers with a M6 plated cap bolt as opposed to the rusty item Seat dispatch.

The original 8.2 class SEAT caliper mounting bolts have been replaced for Fabory 12.9 class high tensile bolts, imported from Germany especially.

As many of you may or may not have read, I'm into VAG brakes in a fairly big way. These were planned to go onto my own car and as such became a bit of a side project for me, it is for all intents and purposes its a brand new kit, it would suit somebody into the show scene or into detailing their car.

Its totally complete, nothing missing, all you need to go from 288's to Absolute OEM LCR brakes in a box.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #13 on: 25 February 2009, 23:25 »
what brakes are they mate and where you getting them? cant wait ill i have enough for a FMIC  :grin:

He's too busy fitting it all before Brands Hatch meet tonight ;)

Too right i was!  :drool:  I managed to fit the intercooler thisafternoon and also the rear wiper.

All in all the intercooler took me about 2.5 hours to fit.  A large chunk of this was spent cutting the standard bumper about which i still need to do properly as at the moment the cuts arent too neat.  Heres some pics

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2009, 16:28 »
Got home today and the Brembo's have come! They are so big lol they weigh an absolute ton!

Also ordered my new wheels today, A miltek downpipe & sports cat and also few more Forge bits for the engine bay.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #15 on: 08 March 2009, 20:14 »
My new wheels came on Friday so i thought i would trial fit the Brembo's and the new wheels. 

When i bought the Brembo's i was expecting to have to use something like a 5mm spacer to make them fit but no, with my new wheels i would need something like a 16mm spacer to make them fit.

I have been advised that this is not a particuarly good idea for a few reasons, along with also working out too expensive and making my tyres rub on my arches!

So i have come to the hard decision of selling the Brembo's on as i dont want to get another set of wheels  :cry:

This is what they looked like when i was balancing the wheel in between my feet lol

« Last Edit: 08 March 2009, 20:18 by BaV »

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #16 on: 08 March 2009, 20:16 »
« Last Edit: 08 March 2009, 20:17 by BaV »

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #17 on: 15 March 2009, 14:14 »
I had my Miltek Downpipe and Sports cat fitted this week and i would say it is a mod i would reccomend to anyone!  The car pulls so much more all the way through the rev range!  I also fitted a few other bits like the Forge Carbon engine cover and a silicone coupler hose on my induction kit.

I will add pictures of these hopefully very soon.  I went to a meet thismorning at AMD and there were a few people that had decent DSLR's so got a few pics taken so hopefully i will be sent a few later

At the RR Day at AMD today i put my car on the rollers and it made 252BHP and 290 IL/FT Torque.  I was very happy with the results even though on the rollers it wasnt boosting right due to something about the load being different to how it is on the road or something lol. I was only beaten by a supercharged R32 lol

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2009, 21:45 »
Couple of pictures, of the car and also my RR printout from AMD at the weekend

« Last Edit: 18 March 2009, 21:57 by BaV »

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2009, 19:52 »
On friday i fitted a Momo Race steering wheel. I dont particularly like the centre of the Race wheel so i ordered the centre ring and horn button from a Momo Jet steering wheel to use instead because hopefully i will have a few more carbon bits inside the car prety soon starting with a Momo F16 Carbon gear knob that i am waiting to arrive!  :smiley:

Heres a pic of it fitted.

And also today i bought some R32 front brakes and ECS uprated drilled and grooved discs.  So hopefully i will be able to get them early this week and fit them as soon as pos because my standard brakes are shot lol

Have also been looking endlessly on the net about Turbo upgrades.. Not sure what one i need to go for, i want a bigger turbo that will bolt straight on my AUM without changing my miltek turbo back and the manifold. I have been told you can get a kO4 Hybrid that will bolt straight on in the same way my KO3S does meaning i wont have to change anything exhaust wise.  But i dont really know where to look for clear cut info on this. So feel free to PM me anyone who can help!!!