Author Topic: keys locked in car??  (Read 20751 times)

Offline houston

• I live here
Re: keys locked in car??
« Reply #30 on: 07 March 2011, 17:12 »
its all well and good advising somebody to smash the windows in on there car.but even taping up glass you have no guarantee how it breaks and as you can only tape the outside and you are striking it from that side i doubt that tape is gonna hold all the glass when you bash the other side of it threw with a hammer.the glass cud go inside the door like wayne said and rattle around its messy and a ballache, AA ,Auto-Locksmithor some kind of home lock breakage that dnt involve bashing ur windows threw.

how do you suggest breaking the lock? the vw boot is a good design, only way of breaking it is prob with a chisel and hammer to bust the plates, but this WILL dent the boot panel, no way around it.

drivers door is different, you can smash the plastic clip off and get to the latch, but even this way youll prob do damage.

window taped up and hammer is the safest bet and cheapest option. just price up window you decide to smash first. if you tape it up properly then you should be good, sellotape holds very well, done it before and only had a little mess to clean up.

get a 2nd central locking fob made up and keep it in the house, even if you get locked out miles from home just get someone to blip the key into a phone during a phone call and itll unlock your car!

and ive never ever heard of any car opening the locks when you disconnect and reconnect the battery, ever!

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 07 March 2011, 18:02 »
right so wat body panel are we replacing or repairing by popping a boot lock?????? you ent a clue mate wat u doing offering advise??? your the only one suggesting doing the window in. popping a boot lock wont damage any bodywork the locks in the surround of the handle. getting AA like wayne suggested or locksmith is either cheapest or free and best advise or bust the lock is the second less expensive to sort rather than your great idea of smashing the sh!t out of the window. its mess takes time to arrange a fitment of a new one cost involved etc its not worth it not to mention the draw backs of security and lack of it whilst waiting for replacement glass.if i were you i'd stick to the advice on how to live are lives in good moral standing than anything to do with cars. :nerd:

umm, you can't even buy a set of wheels to fit your golf, you sure you should be offering advice?  :kiss:

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 07 March 2011, 18:10 »
i would ring the aa or rac even if you aint a member you can call them out for a fee and let them get in without doing more damage in the long run

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #33 on: 07 March 2011, 18:18 »
right so wat body panel are we replacing or repairing by popping a boot lock?????? you ent a clue mate wat u doing offering advise??? your the only one suggesting doing the window in. popping a boot lock wont damage any bodywork the locks in the surround of the handle. getting AA like wayne suggested or locksmith is either cheapest or free and best advise or bust the lock is the second less expensive to sort rather than your great idea of smashing the sh!t out of the window. its mess takes time to arrange a fitment of a new one cost involved etc its not worth it not to mention the draw backs of security and lack of it whilst waiting for replacement glass.if i were you i'd stick to the advice on how to live are lives in good moral standing than anything to do with cars. :nerd:

umm, you can't even buy a set of wheels to fit your golf, you sure you should be offering advice?  :kiss:

I just leaked  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 07 March 2011, 20:01 »
 :grin:

ANYONE that knows the MK4 locking system will know that you can't just smash the lock in, you plonker.

You COULD drill through it CAREFULLY and then use a screwdriver to unlock the door mech.

The barrel is £50 though.  :wink:

Glass, carefully taped with strong tape would be the cheapest option but then you'll have to take the door card off, then the entire CL/EW panel off for a good hoover up.

Or call a locksmith.

As for the boot  :huh:

Break it through with a screwdriver and you won't get in.

You'd have to take the handle out and damage the panel, a lot.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #35 on: 07 March 2011, 20:14 »

get a 2nd central locking fob made up and keep it in the house, even if you get locked out miles from home just get someone to blip the key into a phone during a phone call and itll unlock your car!

Will that really work  :smiley:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 07 March 2011, 22:55 »

Nope.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #37 on: 08 March 2011, 00:24 »

I was thinking that LOL

Offline p11jon

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 08 March 2011, 02:44 »

there nothing wrong with the wheel choice or fitment mate its the fact the coilover adjuster catches if it was on different suspension it wud be fine.you have to make things fit when you modify.it's something that can be sorted. if you need to drive your car somewhere then smashing glass isnt a good idea as you car is unsecure and not weather proof.breaking into it or having a locksmith is the best option. then you have no mess not door to strip and vac up broken glass no worrying if the car will still be there the next day cuz u have a f**king massive gap covered by a bin liner or sh!tty plastic untill you can get a replacement window.he probly got his keys back by now anyway so i wudnt really stress your little head over it .

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 08 March 2011, 08:52 »
changed you're tune haven't you petal, you were saying drive a screwdriver into the handle, now its call a locksmith, (which someone else suggested first) make you're mind up.  :rolleyes:

oh don't all coilovers have adjustment collars? and it the wheels catch, I'd say it was a fitment issue wouldn't you? if you had different suspension ie non coilover you do realise that the springs tend to be wider on shocks and spring combos?

either way you're wrong, smashing a lock isn't the best option and the wheels dont fit you're car.

i'd only be stressing if i was you