Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142312 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)
« Reply #210 on: 06 September 2017, 15:50 »
Well i nearly bought an ed40 last year pew reg but he wouldn't take my lotus part ex so went off the idea

Went to see another ed40 yesterday ex demo but couldn't justify the 7k premium over a 16 reg R or GTI PP

Decided either go for the proper one or just get a regular GTI

I'm hoping it's a good compromise between the Elise and a normal car. The R26R is the car I always regret not buying and this is the modern equivalent really

Hope it's worth it cos I bloody love my lotus!

Welcome back to the fold then Ken.

Was it a VW dealer car you bought, or an indie dealer or private buy? (just being nosey as I'm curious about such things)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #211 on: 06 September 2017, 16:27 »

It was the general manager of a lookers franchise personal car which he sold to them. He was able to get it via lookers VW. I'm buying from a dealer (not VW though) but it was the guy I dealt with own car basically
« Last Edit: 06 September 2017, 16:29 by mkviken »
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #212 on: 06 September 2017, 16:36 »

It was the general manager of a lookers franchise personal car which he sold to them. He was able to get it via lookers VW. I'm buying from a dealer (not VW though) but it was the guy I dealt with own car basically

Interesting. Thanks for that.
It'll be quite a special thing to own. Maybe not Lotus special but certainly it'll still be a great car and I find my Clubsport tends to attract a fair bit of attention out and about.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #213 on: 06 September 2017, 16:54 »
Hello all

Just bought a clubsport S today #207

Had a mk6 GTI a while back and swapped for a lotus which I'm now trading in

Was looking for something practical and ended up with a 310bhp golf with no back seats but never mind!

Its more than practical enough, got a big boot and don't forget if you have kids you can have them adopted.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #214 on: 07 September 2017, 13:57 »
Heres one with serious accident damage, no photos, says in description

« Last Edit: 07 September 2017, 15:34 by 2007GTI »
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline Micky1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #215 on: 07 September 2017, 22:30 »
So I picked my Clubsport up yesterday. No. 274.

And what does sir think of it?  :smug:
I love it! Feels really special. It's drives like no other performance gti I've owned. The seats and the colour , along with the spec really make it an occasion. How do I post up pictures?

Offline Doodle do bee doo

• Just got here
« Reply #216 on: 11 September 2017, 15:49 »
Hello folks  :smiley:

I very recently had an extended test drive of a Clubsport and think I've found my next car  :cool:

I currently have a 2015 Octavia vRS (mine since new) and had been toying with an R, but as others have said, and after half a dozen or so test drives, there just wasn't a 'wow' factor for me.  However the CS test drive I recently had changed all that.

So I'm now on the hunt.  If there was any chance of finding no.132, and if it was a DSG, that could be my perfect car, but it seems like finding it could be nigh on impossible (and with my luck, the owner would have bought it as a keeper  :roll eyes:), but you never know....

Anyway, this is the one I had for a morning:

And I really didn't want to give it back.  A very addictive car to drive, but my local VW were just a tad too immoveable on price, so the hunt goes on.

So far this is the only place I've found with an indication of Ed 40 car numbers.  VW were their usual helpful selves and offered me details of my local retailers.

Anyway, hello folks.  CS ownerless enthusiast here, hoping to change that soon.

Regards

Gaz

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #217 on: 11 September 2017, 21:56 »
Why number 132?
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #218 on: 11 September 2017, 22:28 »
Hello folks  :smiley:

I very recently had an extended test drive of a Clubsport and think I've found my next car  :cool:

I currently have a 2015 Octavia vRS (mine since new) and had been toying with an R, but as others have said, and after half a dozen or so test drives, there just wasn't a 'wow' factor for me.  However the CS test drive I recently had changed all that.

So I'm now on the hunt.  If there was any chance of finding no.132, and if it was a DSG, that could be my perfect car, but it seems like finding it could be nigh on impossible (and with my luck, the owner would have bought it as a keeper  :roll eyes:), but you never know....

Anyway, this is the one I had for a morning:

And I really didn't want to give it back.  A very addictive car to drive, but my local VW were just a tad too immoveable on price, so the hunt goes on.

So far this is the only place I've found with an indication of Ed 40 car numbers.  VW were their usual helpful selves and offered me details of my local retailers.

Anyway, hello folks.  CS ownerless enthusiast here, hoping to change that soon.

Regards

Gaz

Welcome Gaz, good luck with the search, you absolutely won't regret it.  :laugh:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #219 on: 12 September 2017, 10:45 »
Why number 132?

Born on the 13th Feb? Maybe
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17