Author Topic: What wheels ?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What wheels ?
« Reply #40 on: 17 January 2021, 11:16 »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-genuine-19-Pretoria-Dark-Graphite-Matt-Light-Alloy-Wheel-/363110894180

Andrew Chapple is putting these on his Golf R. I love prets.

Yeah, I saw that last week or whenever it was. A sudden change as just before that he was displaying some hideous Vossen thingies (apologies to Vossen lovers).
I really like those Prets, proper offset and a nice colour too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 17 January 2021, 11:30 »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-genuine-19-Pretoria-Dark-Graphite-Matt-Light-Alloy-Wheel-/363110894180

Andrew Chapple is putting these on his Golf R. I love prets.

Yeah, I saw that last week or whenever it was. A sudden change as just before that he was displaying some hideous Vossen thingies (apologies to Vossen lovers).
I really like those Prets, proper offset and a nice colour too.

Absolutely! The prets are slightly darker, more of a gun metal type colour. They’re great and the offset is a bonus.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline DB88

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 17 January 2021, 14:19 »
Just to update on the above, kept my order the same as even based on my spec the Clubsport would also incur extra VRT. I prefer the manual anyway and am coming from a 150bhp R line so I think the standard GTI is more then enough ha! Some might think I’m mad paying the VRT but I am delighted with my spec and each to their own.

Current estimated build week is week 14 though (ordered in December) so a long wait ahead.
I’m from Ireland I ordered in October and was given week 2/2021 build week and delivery approx 4 weeks later manual gearbox
Hey have you got an update from the dealership as I’m in the same position you are and the dealership hasn’t given me answers even though deal is done and car is due in 4 weeks it’s crazy and it’s poor customer service
Modify message

A friend of mine and I were given estimates of 12 weeks on our clubbys...that was last week that we went order confirmed. I'm hoping that was a realistic estimate...we haven't been given confirmed build dates yet though...you guys are both in the UK are you?

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 17 January 2021, 19:52 »
I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow for an update and to see if this parts shortage at VW plants will affect the Golfs...I read ond article that it affects the Tiguan and something else but there was no mention of the Golf.

I'm excited to get into the new motor but not in a rush at the same time. Only thing which concerns me is if I sell my car privately now, I will have to share a car with the misses for the next 6 months which would be a tad inconvenient...I may have to hold off on selling mine if there will be a big delay. At least the trade price is locked in regardless of when the new motor arrives. I hope!!  :whistle:
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 17 January 2021, 21:27 »
I have DCC on my CS (mk 7) with 19's. I use it mostly in individual setting where, suspension is soft, but everything else apart from engine sound is in sport.

On a good condition road or I feel there is an opportunity for some fun? I select sport. If the road surface is bad and I want lighter steering, I select comfort mode.

These are the 3 modes I use as often as is practicable, i rarely use Eco or Normal, only to see if there is much difference to the other settings, at the margin there is.
I haven't driven a Mk8 so can't comment on the ride with 18's, for a mk7 I would prefer it had DCC with 19's.

I think it makes a car on 19's easier to sell with DCC, try finding a mk7 CS with DCC, it seems to be 1 in 10 have it and standard fitment on the CS-S.
I can see DCC being a desirable option on the Mk8 now it has infinite adjustment?