Author Topic: Golf Mk8 Sat Nav  (Read 1967 times)

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
Golf Mk8 Sat Nav
« on: 14 December 2020, 20:38 »
Hi all, not posted for ages because my GTD 7.5 went back to VW at the end of April, and got a new T-Roc R in October. (GTD Mk8 not available in time, and a very good deal with VWFS)
One major bug-bear about the new MIB3 infotainment unit - the graphics on the sat nav are not as good as the 7.5 GTD - also, when you enter a postcode as a destination, it always shows as "offroad".  VW say it's not a fault, but just "how it is". The system does navigate you to the correct place, but if, for example, you enter an incorrect postcode, there's no way of sanity checking it.
Does the Golf 8 have the same problem?
Cheers
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Golf Mk8 Sat Nav
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2020, 20:46 »
I didn't seem to have that problem with the mk8 today.

And I thought the graphics were fairly good, i just couldn't figure out how to get it onto the dashboard.

It does have some scary big brother things where it seems to suggest destinations based on where you drive to regularly.. I'm surprised a German system would do that..
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline McCrae1971

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf Mk8 Sat Nav
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2021, 16:19 »
The off road still appears a lot on destinations and as you mentioned is off putting. I can’t say it’s that good a system when compared to google map via Apple car play. Out of the two options I find myself now just using google.