Author Topic: 19” Adelaide alloys  (Read 6712 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: 19” Adelaide alloys
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2021, 19:30 »
I know but I really don’t like black wheels - they belong in 2004!
In my opinion of course, I don’t want to offend everyone cos I’ve only just joined!

Surely I’m not the only person that thinks this though am I?
Maybe I am!!
I'm paying extra for the wheels to be black on my new car (not a Golf). Same wheels as the standard diamond turned fitment that comes with it, but Gloss black instead. If a car has gloss black accents all over it, I think pure black wheels suit better.

IMO a/the GTI suits black insert wheels much better than straight silver, and better than pure black.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2021, 10:18 »

Are there any Photoshop gurus here?
Taking on board what people are saying AND the fact i cant picture things, im now second guessing my decision to repaint....
Im torn between re-painting OEM allows silver or buying aftermarket.

I like 5 spoke alloys as they are classic, they could be OEM wheel

MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2021, 10:33 »
Just buy a nice set of BBS's - they look classy and very GTI.

They offer them in silver if thats what you want.

Seriously, don't try and refurb the OEM ones.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2021, 10:39 »
@buttons; you may find that the OEM VW centre caps don’t fit aftermarket alloys, which would be a bit of a giveaway that they’re not OEM.

You may be able to source some non-genuine VW centre caps online, or a set of centre cap stickers with the VW emblem. However, they’re likely to be the old style VW emblem with thicker lettering, so won’t match the any other VW emblems on your car (e.g. front grille, hatch handle, steering wheel centre).

New style;

Old style;
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 12 January 2021, 10:45 »
Seriously, don't try and refurb the OEM ones.

im starting to think that way......

MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2021, 10:45 »
@buttons; you may find that the OEM VW centre caps don’t fit aftermarket alloys, which would be a bit of a giveaway that they’re not OEM.

great shout, i didnt even consider that!!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2021, 11:21 »
Im torn between re-painting OEM allows silver or buying aftermarket.

I like 5 spoke alloys as they are classic, they could be OEM wheel

Buying a set of those looks a far better bet than refurbing (and potentially regretting it) a brand new set of expensive OEM alloys.

As SRGTD says, original centre caps don't always fit, also much of the stuff you can find on eBay is cheap low quality knock-off. I'd buy some branded stickers if the VW caps don't fit.
7.5 GTD

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2021, 11:25 »
anyone know if the offset is same as the 7.5 as some companies (BBS included) dont stock for Golf 8 - i'm wondering (hoping) that this is just because the model is new and not on their site yet...

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2021, 11:27 »
sorry, ive thrown this thread off track  :sad:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2021, 11:42 »
anyone know if the offset is same as the 7.5 as some companies (BBS included) dont stock for Golf 8 - i'm wondering (hoping) that this is just because the model is new and not on their site yet...

Not sure how accurate this is. It's not unknown for VW to serve up errors in their press info

7.5 GTD