Author Topic: Golf GTI Clubsport and R Open for Ordering Date and Price Confirmed!  (Read 25245 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Golf R and GTI Clubsport open for order on Thursday 3 December

The latest and most-powerful iterations of Golf 8 are set to open for order on Thursday 3 December, as Golf R and GTI Clubsport race into your showrooms.

Golf fans are spoiled for choice with two new performance cars, boasting over 300PS, with GTI Clubsport two-wheel-drive, and Golf R four-wheel drive. Both offer greater levels of focus and driver involvement than any previous Golf model.

Performance

The Golf GTI Clubsport builds on the already award-winning formula offered by the standard 245 PS Golf GTI, but arrives with a boosted two-litre, four-cylinder engine producing output of 300PS with 400nm of torque. Its 0-62 mph time of just 5.6 seconds makes it the fastest-accelerating production Golf GTI in history. Special features for the new car include a new driving mode developed especially for the demands of the Nürburgring.

Styling

The GTI Clubsport features exclusive exterior styling over the Golf GTI, including a large two-part rear spoiler for reduced lift over the rear axle, and an exclusive front bumper. Not only does this offer augmented styling – it incorporates a new front splitter producing greater downforce on the front axle.

The rear-end is also tweaked over the standard GTI with oval tailpipes, rather than the standard GTI’s circular pipes. These sit further apart either side of an improved diffuser.

Performance

Golf R returns as the outright Golf flagship in terms of performance and positioning, with 320PS and 420Nm on tap from its turbocharged two-litre engine. This means a top speed of 155 mph (increasing to 168 mph with the optional R-Performance pack), with a 0–62 mph sprint of just 4.7 seconds. It becomes the fastest Volkswagen on sale.

Styling

The new Golf R is a total athlete, with a new, striking design, full of expression. It features a brand-new front bumper and front spoiler, side wings and R-style air intake grilles above its exclusive side aprons. The car has been lowered by 20 millimetres, and showcases 18-inch Jerez alloy wheels.

Golf R also has an exciting optional R-Performance package for £2,000. It brings upgraded 19-inch ‘Estoril’ alloy wheels, a performance rear spoiler for added downforce, and an increased top speed of 168 mph. The pack also adds two new driver modes; Drift and Special. Drift mode is entirely focused upon driver enjoyment away from public roads.

For an even more superior look, a new rear bumper can be selected flanked by four chrome-plated twin tailpipes.

Prices:

Golf 8 GTI Clubsport 2.0 TSI 300PS 7-speed DSG five-door

£37,215.00

Golf 8 R 2.0 TSI 320PS 7-speed DSG 4Motion five-door

£39,270.00
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
At least you can have an R in a (non premium) colour and be under forty k bandit tax.

Not much else mind you.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
At least you can have an R in a (non premium) colour and be under forty k bandit tax.

Not much else mind you.

They are a little more generous that you can have any colour. Still got £840 after that to squeeze something else in like DCC.

But that’s it before luxury car tax kicks in ☹️
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Once you get to £40k you've still got the first registration fee and the first years vehicle tax to play with.

In the case of the R it looks like £870 first years tax + £55 first registration fee = £925.
7.5 GTD

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
Once you get to £40k you've still got the first registration fee and the first years vehicle tax to play with.

In the case of the R it looks like £870 first years tax + £55 first registration fee = £925.

Ok I wasn’t sure about first reg fee but knew you could knock the £870 off ( as first year VED).

2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
👍
7.5 GTD

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
One thing I didn't mention is that what matters is the manufacturers list price of the vehicle on the day it is first registered.

So if the list price goes up after you have ordered but before it is registered this could potentially tip you over the luxury vehicle tax threshold.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
One thing I didn't mention is that what matters is the manufacturers list price of the vehicle on the day it is first registered.

So if the list price goes up after you have ordered but before it is registered this could potentially tip you over the luxury vehicle tax threshold.

That's a nice "surprise", especially for anyone ordering now (typical VW new year price hike and B****)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
VW have now updated the configurator on the UK website to include the mk8 R. It’s not too difficult to configure an R with a list price of £44k-45k with a few ‘desirable’ options :shocked:.

The GTI Clubsport also appears to have been added to the configurator but it doesn’t seem to work at present.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
Golf R and GTI Clubsport open for order on Thursday 3 December

The latest and most-powerful iterations of Golf 8 are set to open for order on Thursday 3 December, as Golf R and GTI Clubsport race into your showrooms.

Golf 8 GTI Clubsport 2.0 TSI 300PS 7-speed DSG five-door

£37,215.00

Golf 8 R 2.0 TSI 320PS 7-speed DSG 4Motion five-door

£39,270.00
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen