Author Topic: GTE MK8 due  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: GTE MK8 due
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2020, 22:19 »
Autogefuhl review just showed up in my YouTube feed

https://youtu.be/XdPciVEVjV8

Thomas mentions about the GTE being 'cheaper' than the GTi even though the GTE has a higher list price  :undecided:

Will need to look more closely at the specs.  :nerd:
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2020, 22:56 »
Absolutely if I was still on the car scheme though, I'd definitely pick a fully electric vehicle though. You'd be mad not too. It's totally tax free, as a higher rate tax payer you'd almost get the thing half price. It's a massive incentive they are dangling, instead of a punishment, why wouldn't you take it?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2020, 23:22 »
Autogefuhl review just showed up in my YouTube feed

https://youtu.be/XdPciVEVjV8

Thomas mentions about the GTE being 'cheaper' than the GTi even though the GTE has a higher list price  :undecided:

Will need to look more closely at the specs.  :nerd:

Oh excellent, I will settle down to watch that review.

From a distant memory, I think I recall seeing that a France and Germany had introduced big incentives for electric/hybrid vehicles as part of post Covid-19 recovery plan.  Think it might be something like 6,000. -8,000 Euros per car. ( don’t quote me ) but that maybe what Thomas means by being cheaper.

(Therefore being cynic.....will resources go into France/German orders and UK will have to wait ages for orders)
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2020, 08:32 »
Absolutely if I was still on the car scheme though, I'd definitely pick a fully electric vehicle though. You'd be mad not too. It's totally tax free, as a higher rate tax payer you'd almost get the thing half price. It's a massive incentive they are dangling, instead of a punishment, why wouldn't you take it?
it's only tax free this year but it's only 1% and then 2% in the next year's so it's still a good deal. I got a quote for an Audi e-tron for a laugh on my work scheme and it was £500 gross deduction which was about £310 ish net. Surprised it was that cheap to be honest.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #25 on: 09 October 2020, 19:04 »
I guess I should go take a look... because about 95% of that will be the same as the GTI.

Those pictures don't fill me with joy though I have to say.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 October 2020, 19:21 »
Yeah, the little wheels, the tall springs and the dark blue paint all not helping. GTi should look more purposeful though.

Have to say i'm not really loving any of the performance Golf wheels for the Mk8. They'll do, but they're a bit underwhelming.
7.5 GTD

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 10 October 2020, 11:02 »
Have they removed the transport pucks from the suspension? Looks far too high even with those wheels.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 10 October 2020, 11:20 »
The radiator looks incredibly exposed
Deffo looks like the transport pucks are still in
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2020, 12:04 »
The radiator looks incredibly exposed

Great minds think alike. I made a similar comment back in June on the GTI’s lower honeycomb grille - also with the same very large holes;

I don’t think the very large honeycomb shaped holes in the lower grille help the GTI’s styling. Why on earth did the honeycomb holes need to be that large? Leaves the radiator and a/c condenser very exposed to damage from flying stones and other road debris. A grill with a smaller, more subtle honeycomb pattern would have looked better IMO, and provided more protection.

Hopefully VW will have a large stock of radiators and condensers available for when owners need replacements.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl