Author Topic: GTE MK8 due  (Read 10101 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
GTE MK8 due
« on: 20 August 2020, 18:03 »
News fresh in we have a Golf MK8 GTE due to be built and arrive before the end of the year.

Of course most of us know the GTE styling wise will be the same as the GTI although with slight differences to the colour of the pieces of certain trim and upholstery.

I will give more news as and when

But 245PS  :cool:
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: GTE MK8 due
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2020, 13:33 »
Thats curious.... i thought they announced the GTE, GTD and GTI at the same time?

I saw that apparently they are going all out to get ID4's (yes 4) off of the production line.... guess all of this milk float stuff is where the attention is.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2020, 17:33 »
7.5 GTD

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2020, 20:58 »
I think they will all get announced at the same time however we will most certainly have a GTE before any of the other models. We have also been allocated a New Tiguan R-Line which we will get towards the end of October....

Certainly huge efforts being put into these milk floats because they have been delayed and there is a lot of profit sat in those things that’s needs to go in the bank.
Sales Manager

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2020, 21:09 »
Everything has gone to hell though, I've just been told that I'd have to wait six months for a focus if I ordered one this week... That makes vw look like they are quick lol.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2020, 21:13 »
This is great news for us   :grin:
Sales Manager

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2020, 08:02 »
But 245PS  :cool:
But still 200+kg heavier than a GTI.
But still using the old 6 speed DSG box.

:huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2020, 23:31 »
It kinda makes sense.
The GTE was one of the initial mk8 launch cars alongside the non performance range.
A reflection of VW’s direction leaving the more traditionally image conscious driver focussed models to be drip fed in later to keep it all ticking over.
So it’s only right the GTE follows the R-Line etc and then the GTI and R a little afterwards allowing Audi to slip the S3 in.

I’m sure Mr Chapple has booked his slot, I look forward to seeing his impressions soon!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2020, 11:41 »
I wonder what the price differential between this and the GTi will be? In Germany the GTE is approximately €4k more than the GTi DSG. Hopefully we won't see that much of a difference over here, otherwise it's hard to think of a case for buying one over a GTi. If it's just for the fuel savings, €4k buys a lot of fuel. Presumably it's just aimed at company car drivers that aren't ready for full electric? :undecided:

Mk7.5 GTE Advance was £1k more than GTi Performance with DSG.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2020, 11:48 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2020, 12:08 »
The GTE *used* to be a good company car choice if you wanted to keep costs down.

Its not any more since they changed the taxation regime for company cars - basically you pay income tax on the monthly payment OR the CO2 tax, whichever is the higher.

Only fully electric get you any tax advantage (at the moment).

A guy a my work used to have a Mk7 GTE, even he decided it was a poor choice back when it was a cheap choice. Poor electric range, no real performance and "self charging" mode drank fuel like it had a 2 inch hole in the bottom of the fuel tank.

Hybrid...meh