Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 551899 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1340 on: 22 September 2017, 17:52 »
Is buzzing..............my slims detailing delivery has just arrived ...............im like a kid on xmas morning..........collect my foam lance later and BOOOOOM this weekend i will be detailing times like this im grateful my dad has a car port screw you windy wet weather you wont hold me back on my quest to perfect my new baby  :laugh:

Someone sounds excited!  :laugh:  Enjoy the detailing, snow foaming is great fun!  :smiley:

Jeni_R_; just be prepared to become addicted to this car cleaning and detailing malarkey. Next step will be machine polishing, so make sure you put a DA polisher on your Christmas present list :grin:

And that was just the freebies !

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1341 on: 22 September 2017, 18:15 »
Is buzzing..............my slims detailing delivery has just arrived ...............im like a kid on xmas morning..........collect my foam lance later and BOOOOOM this weekend i will be detailing times like this im grateful my dad has a car port screw you windy wet weather you wont hold me back on my quest to perfect my new baby  :laugh:

Someone sounds excited!  :laugh:  Enjoy the detailing, snow foaming is great fun!  :smiley:

Jeni_R_; just be prepared to become addicted to this car cleaning and detailing malarkey. Next step will be machine polishing, so make sure you put a DA polisher on your Christmas present list :grin:

Cool.  :cool:

Jeni, if you are using postimage for posting pics, use the 'hotlnk for forums' link rather than the thumbnail link which will make your pic bigger.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1342 on: 22 September 2017, 20:54 »
I've not had my GTI for long, and the preparation from the dealer was actually quite good.  I recently sold a black Honda S2000, so I already have a DA polisher, which will be used to prepare the paintwork before the bad weather starts in earnest.

So far, then, I've given the wheels (Austins) a good clean, and a coat of Poorboys wheel wax, and done the exterior trim with Auto Finesse Dressle.  This can be layered so I'm going to make sure that areas such as the front grilles get a few treatments before the winter, and I'll use it on the engine as well.

The interior is very clean, so just regular "maintenance" cleaning required, and it's just a case of making sure that the paintwork and glass are water and crud repellent, with Dodo Juice Supernatural wax for the paint every month or so and Poorboys windscreen cleaner, which incorporates a water repellent, on all of the glass. 

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1343 on: 23 September 2017, 07:54 »

Cool.  :cool:

Jeni, if you are using postimage for posting pics, use the 'hotlnk for forums' link rather than the thumbnail link which will make your pic bigger.  :smiley:

Thanks Rebecca, i did wonder which one i was supposed to use  :rolleyes: suns out this morning so coffee then I am off to get stuck in about the car  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1344 on: 23 September 2017, 10:02 »
I've not had my GTI for long, and the preparation from the dealer was actually quite good.  I recently sold a black Honda S2000, so I already have a DA polisher, which will be used to prepare the paintwork before the bad weather starts in earnest.

So far, then, I've given the wheels (Austins) a good clean, and a coat of Poorboys wheel wax, and done the exterior trim with Auto Finesse Dressle.  This can be layered so I'm going to make sure that areas such as the front grilles get a few treatments before the winter, and I'll use it on the engine as well.

The interior is very clean, so just regular "maintenance" cleaning required, and it's just a case of making sure that the paintwork and glass are water and crud repellent, with Dodo Juice Supernatural wax for the paint every month or so and Poorboys windscreen cleaner, which incorporates a water repellent, on all of the glass. 

Sounds a great job.  Any pics?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 23 September 2017, 10:02 »

Thanks Rebecca, i did wonder which one i was supposed to use  :rolleyes: suns out this morning so coffee then I am off to get stuck in about the car  :grin:

Have fu Jeni!  Be great to see some pics too.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1346 on: 25 September 2017, 19:03 »

Second wash today as was in getting the roof done very pleased with auto finesse kit and got the snow foam lance working perfectly just needs her own plate on and will be sorted !

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1347 on: 25 September 2017, 19:06 »
Looking very smart there Jeni, you must be very pleased :smiley: Are you going to get your mirror caps wrapped black too?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1348 on: 25 September 2017, 19:08 »

Second wash today as was in getting the roof done very pleased with auto finesse kit and got the snow foam lance working perfectly just needs her own plate on and will be sorted !

Fantastic job Jeni!  Looks stunning!  Great work, you should be proud.  :cool: :smiley:

Love the roof, agree with Watts - gloss black mirror caps would finish it off nicely, oh and your new plates.   :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1349 on: 25 September 2017, 19:42 »

Sounds a great job.  Any pics?

They'll have to wait.  Down here in the New Forest it's been one of "those" days weather-wise, and the car is now filthy once more.  Hey-ho.