Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529868 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1570 on: 28 January 2018, 20:48 »
Lovely duo of jobs Jim. Very good going.  Both look fab!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1571 on: 28 January 2018, 22:04 »
Looks great Jim.

That’s some achievement to wash yours and do a full decon, single stage polish and ceramic coating on the L/R in a day (which looks like a top job!). I’m not usually a fan of black wheels, but they look perfect on the Land Rover.

Edit; is the Land Rover model a Range Rover Sport?

Sorry, I cheated a bit.. the Golf was done yesterday!  :whistle:

It's a Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic. Really nice spec. Took about 5 hours or so.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1572 on: 01 February 2018, 13:38 »
With the ambient temperature at 7c and set to drop over the next few days, it was today or not at all to give mine a quick wash.  Anything below 7c and it stays grubby, but my route to work, albeit only two days per week, is rather agricultural as I refuse to use the M3 in the mornings, so the Golf takes on the appearance of a white car with a graduated matt brown finish, which becomes browner towards the sills.

It's a miserable job at this time of year, but I've got it down to an hour - rinse, wash with Gyeon Bathe +, rinse, dry, wheels, dry around door shuts, dry wheels and finally clean the windscreen, mirrors and rear window with Stoner's Invisible Glass.

And indoors for a cup of tea.  I don't care what the weather does for the next few days.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1573 on: 01 February 2018, 16:07 »
Fantastic transformation! Mine will have to wait a bit longer, too many competing factors for me too. I dont't think I've ever missed two whole months between cleans! Perhaps next weekend.

Still no shiny pictures SR? I'm sure it'll be another top job though :smiley:

Sorry Watts, no shiny pictures, but you’ve seen what it looks like after I’ve cleaned it. Perhaps I need to put some ‘before’ pictures up next time showing what it looks like dirty!

@Watts; I’ve relented! As it’s raining, I thought I’d take the opportunity to take an aerial shot from upstairs (bathroom shot  :grin:) to show how the Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax is holding up - applied in September.

It’s still protecting well and the water is beading up nicely and rolling off the car. No additional protection (wax, sealant or QD) has been applied since the Fusso went on 4.5 months ago. IMO it’s a good product, offering good protection and is great value for money. Recommended!  :smiley:

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1574 on: 01 February 2018, 16:44 »
Fantastic transformation! Mine will have to wait a bit longer, too many competing factors for me too. I dont't think I've ever missed two whole months between cleans! Perhaps next weekend.

Still no shiny pictures SR? I'm sure it'll be another top job though :smiley:

Sorry Watts, no shiny pictures, but you’ve seen what it looks like after I’ve cleaned it. Perhaps I need to put some ‘before’ pictures up next time showing what it looks like dirty!

@Watts; I’ve relented! As it’s raining, I thought I’d take the opportunity to take an aerial shot from upstairs (bathroom shot  :grin:) to show how the Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax is holding up - applied in September.

It’s still protecting well and the water is beading up nicely and rolling off the car. No additional protection (wax, sealant or QD) has been applied since the Fusso went on 4.5 months ago. IMO it’s a good product, offering good protection and is great value for money. Recommended!  :smiley:

Looks fantastic, such a great colour :smiley: Hopefully you didn't take that from a seated position.... :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1575 on: 01 February 2018, 18:02 »
Looks fantastic, such a great colour :smiley: Hopefully you didn't take that from a seated position.... :laugh:

Thanks.

Ha ha :smiley:. No, definitely not seated. :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1576 on: 02 February 2018, 19:47 »
Gave the Mk6 its regular Friday wash. Also gave it quick going over with Pinnacle spray wax.

Also could someone help me with a quick query regarding polishing machines -

What areas of a Golf would require being worked on with a 3 inch spot pad?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1577 on: 02 February 2018, 20:20 »

A lot of areas are best worked with a spot pad.  A pillars; B pillars; wing mirrors; door sills/shuts; side skirts; areas of rear and front bumpers; rear and front lights, for example.  Sure some of these can be tackled with 5 or 6” pads but far better with a 3” spot pad ime.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2018, 20:26 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1578 on: 02 February 2018, 20:30 »

A lot of areas are best worked with a spot pad.  A pillars; B pillars; wing mirrors; door sills/shuts; side skirts; areas of rear and front bumpers; rear and front lights, for example.  Sure some of these can be tackled with 5 or 6” pads but far better with a 3” spot pad ime.

Thanks, just weighing up the options  :smiley:

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1579 on: 04 February 2018, 14:56 »
Hi all not the best of pics due to weather but finally managed a decent wash and wax ready for the harsher weather.
Even managed to get my snow tyres on we've got snow forecast back end of nxt week  :whistle:

2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆