Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316622 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2013, 12:09 »
VW know that we will wait for our cars.  And they want a shiny new GTI & GTD in all of their showrooms.  I can understand this way of thinking as gives a potential buyer something to look at, however getting the cars on the road is the best form of advertising I can think of - there is no substitute for this  - especially as 99% of us who have ordered will be keeping their cars clean and shiny for months!  Stocking demo cars before customer orders is short sighted on their part IMO.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2013, 12:32 »
Not so sure about the demo cars, see this EVO posted from official VW internal message.

VW0401-13

We can now confirm that pricing and specification for GTI and GTD are as in the below price list and that Automatic Distance Control (ADC) is standard on both cars.

We delayed the open for order date by a day to make sure we published the correct prices and specifications. Customer orders will be built from week 22.

Only market entry and function cars will be built before the week 22 (27 May) model year 14 change; these will be built without ADC but with cruise control instead.

It would seem to suggest that demo cars will be around mid to late next month, and first orders I guess
we would see be collected around 24/25?

If your build week is 25, maybe your dealer didn't have allocation?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2013, 13:06 »
Thanks for that Dave... That's very interesting indeed. Like my dealer said, Week 25 was provisional and was likely to change. I do hope its brought forward.. The annoying thing is, was that I placed my order the day after the order books opened & as far as I'm aware was the first GTi order from that dealership.

It's a poor do if they haven't been given an initial allocation as its the only VW dealer in the whole of Bristol.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2013, 13:10 »
A word of warning - I was the first to place an order in North Herts in 2009 for the Mk 6 GTI (I believe it was the first week of April 2009) - and I ordered the day the order books opened.  I didn't receive my GTI until the second week of September.  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 16 April 2013, 13:18 »
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say that this will happen to all of us - clearly weeks 22-24 are being designated for demo cars, actual orders will be after that.  Which I actually think is wrong to be honest - an order is an order and customers should take priority over demo cars IMO.

When I placed my order, I specifically asked my dealer if I would be the first person to have the GTI from his dealership. He said yes. I said, even before the demo cars. He said yes, yours will be before the demo cars, yours will be the first one we get as you are our first order, simple as.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 16 April 2013, 13:23 »
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say that this will happen to all of us - clearly weeks 22-24 are being designated for demo cars, actual orders will be after that.  Which I actually think is wrong to be honest - an order is an order and customers should take priority over demo cars IMO.

When I placed my order, I specifically asked my dealer if I would be the first person to have the GTI from his dealership. He said yes. I said, even before the demo cars. He said yes, yours will be before the demo cars, yours will be the first one we get as you are our first order, simple as.

I hope you're right as this is exactly what I was told, and my order is the first this particular VW Group has had - he said it was VW policy with the GTI's to put the customer first ahead of demos - but I don't believe that for a second I'm afraid.  I hope I turn out to be completely wrong though!!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 16 April 2013, 13:32 »

I hope you're right as this is exactly what I was told, and my order is the first this particular VW Group has had - he said it was VW policy with the GTI's to put the customer first ahead of demos - but I don't believe that for a second I'm afraid.  I hope I turn out to be completely wrong though!!

If I see a demo at the dealership before my car, I'm gonna kick up a fuss. I might even cancel my order and wait for the R, it does look awesome! Then again, I probably won't lol.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 April 2013, 13:34 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #28 on: 16 April 2013, 13:38 »

If I see a demo at the dealership before my car, I'm gonna kick up a fuss. I might even cancel my order and wait for the R, it does look awesome! Then again, I probably won't lol.

You might as well phone them up now and cancel
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 16 April 2013, 16:23 »
Oh good, one less in the queue then  :grin: :grin: :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras