Author Topic: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI  (Read 37402 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI
« on: 12 May 2011, 14:03 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
Re: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2011, 00:14 »
Right, first of all cheers JV :smiley:

As you can see by the title I've gone from a 1.8T to a GT TDI! I was searching high and low for the 130PD model but ended up settling for the 115PD model as the price and spec was irresistible! :grin:

The spec is as follows:
2001 GT TDI highline
115PD
65,000 miles on the clock
1 owner from new (old couple)
Full VW service history (with every stamp)
Cambelt changed on last service
11 Months MOT
6 Speed gearbox
Cruise control
Climate control
Traction control
Full cream leather RECARO seats (heated fronts)
Sunroof

AND...   The original dealers receipt from when the car was purchased back in 2001!! :cool:

Price: £3000 (which I thought was good!) :smiley:

« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 08:50 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2011, 08:39 »
Mmmmmm, look at those sexy TDI rims! NOT!!! :sick: :sick:
First things first, get them off and replace with some 18" Mk5 GTI reps! :smiley:
Now I know, sitting on standard suspension, it has the clearance of a monster truck :grin: but this will be addressed at a later date :smiley:

Next up was to smooth the airbox and fit with a pipercross panel filter
« Last Edit: 22 November 2011, 11:16 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2011, 14:16 »
Update time :smiley:

Although this car is nowhere near as quick as my 1.8T, seeing 550 miles on a tank (without seeing the petrol light on) gives me great satisfaction! :smiley: However, it's got A LOT of cream inside, and its making me feel like I want to vomit on myself :grin: Something needs to be done about this, so...

Bye bye cream carpet...

...Hello black carpet!! :cool:

I couldn't stop there, so I did all the door sills as well...

And if that wasn't enough, I also did the doorcard inserts!! :laugh:

As you can see from the third pic, i've also got my TT pedals in :smiley: If anyone wants to know how I did the doorcards, go to the maintenance section, where I've done a 'how to' :wink:

More to come soon guys...
« Last Edit: 22 November 2011, 11:18 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2011, 15:12 »
Tine for an update... :smiley:

Got a few more bits done, such as forum stickers, mk5 style wing mirrors, and rear calipers painted.

Absolutely essential! :cool:

I like the contrast between the black and the red, also, I will be getting the roof done in black to match!

Nice and ugly rear calipers + silver hammerite =

Nice and tidy, but not in yah face :smiley: For those that are wondering why I have not done the fronts, it's because I'm waiting for my bigger hubs so that I can fit these :wink:

...My TT 312mm brakes! :smiley:

Til next time...

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2011, 13:01 »
It's been a lil while, so I thought I'd update my project...

Money has been a little bit tight at the moment, so I haven't made huge changes, just nice subtle ones :smiley:

As said earlier on in this thread, I don't like all of the dirty cream trim :sick: So I have slowly but surely been replacing it.

From this...

...To this!

And I have also done the parcel shelf and the supports :smiley:

Looks much nicer IMO :cool:

Also, I got sick and tired of looking at my crappy vents n have always wanted some flush ones, so..

By far, one of the best interior upgrades on the mk4! :smiley: And yes they are wired in! :smug:

I managed to pick up a set of R32 aero wipers off eBay for £45, so fitted them on straight away, work a dream, and I haven't even had to buy new blades! :drool:

Well, there's a little bit for you guys to chomp on :grin: As stated, subtle changes, but just giving a crisper look! :cool:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2011, 20:17 »
Due to work comittments, I haven't really been able to get round to sorting stuff out on the tractor until now :undecided:

I got hold of an S3 upper strut brace, sprayed it metallic black, n got about bolting it on! I had to make some slight modifications to my engine cover, but the end result, is that I can hide that rather unimpressive looking engine! :grin:

For ages now, I've wanted to get a black front grill, so I got off my arse and painted mine! Very chuffed with the end result, as it goes well with my lower bumper grills (which I also sprayed) :cool:

After seeing a couple people on here having done theirs, I couldn't resist :cool:

Lastly, I think I've mastered this 'driving like a grandma n save your money for mods' sh!t going down! :grin:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2011, 16:24 »
This is my next little addition that will soon be on my car...

A full Milltek system (decat courtesy of Ads1 off here) :cool:
« Last Edit: 22 November 2011, 11:19 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 November 2011, 12:23 »
Got round to fitting the full Milltek system. Managed to get a few pics whilst it was elevated :smiley:

Finished result... :cool:

« Last Edit: 05 November 2011, 12:25 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2011, 11:14 »
Got round to getting my 312mm TT front brakes fitted :cool:

This was a bladdy nightmare, as I found out that my hubs were too small. That meant I had to buy some second hand hubs off a 1.8T. I've bought new bearings to press in, as the bearings in the hubs are cream crackered :grin: Having said that, upgrading from 280mm brakes to 312mm brakes is awesome :cool:
« Last Edit: 02 March 2013, 10:38 by sveed1.8T »