Author Topic: Wing mirror not dipping  (Read 3143 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: Wing mirror not dipping
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2019, 09:41 »
On subject of PDI did provide some feedback as they obviously tested the passenger air bag disabling which is important to do, but never turned it back on!

Noticed immediately as very used to the lights in the MK 7 and the warning light remained on instead of going out after a set period and went to passenger side and turned on with the key.

But in essence they delivered a car without an air bag functioning

I wonder if this is intentional/guidance they have been given as I had exactly the same with mine!

Did they respond to you on this?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2019, 09:56 »
On subject of PDI did provide some feedback as they obviously tested the passenger air bag disabling which is important to do, but never turned it back on!

Noticed immediately as very used to the lights in the MK 7 and the warning light remained on instead of going out after a set period and went to passenger side and turned on with the key.

I wonder if this is intentional/guidance they have been given as I had exactly the same with mine!

Did they respond to you on this?

Got a sorry and thanks for the feedback with promise it will be relayed to the garage responsible - Could have pursued it more but with likely no more response than already received just put it down to an oversight

However thats pretty worrying that you state the same, so maybe the TCR is arriving on shore like that and the PDI is not picking it up? and other TCR owners experience passenger air bag deactivated on delivery?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2019, 11:05 »
Mine wasn’t disable, my side mirror adjust at the same time if I am trying to adjust the drivers side though.  :laugh: :laugh:
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2019, 13:10 »
Mine wasn’t disable, my side mirror adjust at the same time if I am trying to adjust the drivers side though.  :laugh: :laugh:

Cars with electric mirrors have done that since the dawn of time. It's so that when another driver gets in and alters the seat, the mirrors can be adjusted in one go. Set the right mirror, then adjust the left afterwards to get them how you want them.

Or you can change the settings for single mirror adjustment. It's all in the handbook.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 16 November 2019, 19:17 »
Thanks folks. The steps above worked.  :cool:
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2019, 11:34 »
f**k me, what sort of times we're living in when people are too lazy to check the manual, but quite happy to post on forums and get someone else to just spoon-feed them the answer.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2019, 11:52 »
f**k me, what sort of times we're living in when people are too lazy to check the manual, but quite happy to post on forums and get someone else to just spoon-feed them the answer.

If you don’t want to contribute or help you don’t have to.
You can learn a lot from other people’s experience on these forums. I have benefitted from members help with various things I have had difficulty with. Modern cars s can be pretty complex, the options confusing and the dealer support poor.
Good to see the OP got it sorted.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2019, 12:33 »
U ok hun? x c x
« Last Edit: 17 November 2019, 16:11 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2019, 22:36 »
Had to do the same on my TCR, thought it was me until realised had to set up the kerb view - imagine its done in PDI usually hence why it usually just works when you receive.

Mine was the same.  Although being my first Golf, I didn’t notice for two months!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 November 2019, 19:40 »
And I just recently found out how to turn on the map lights on an Audi A4  have been using for nearly 18 months  :grin: