Author Topic: 0% Tint  (Read 2765 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: 0% Tint
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2019, 07:23 »
Think it's been about 30 years since you could get a GTI with clear glass  :laugh:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2019, 08:18 »
I wouldn't go anywhere near a car with 0% tints if I was looking on a forecourt. Would make you think something was wrong with the car.

Me too.

Standard spec is 65% but on the likes for DTD it looks like you can untick it that no cost option.

It does look that way, but by not ticking the 65% tint option on DTD’s website you wouldn’t get a car built with 0% tints. The inputs on the first screen are just the means for DTD’s website to calculate the discounted price. The only mandatory items that you need to select to be able to see DTD’s discounted price are paint colour and upholstery trim. Not selecting either the 65% or 90% tint options will give you a discounted price that reflects the standard spec ‘free’ item - in the case of windows, 65% tints.

In the case of infotainment systems, if you didn’t select either the free or extra cost infotainment systems, would VW build a car with no infotainment system, or maybe fit an old school radio cassette player? No, you’d get the standard ‘free’ item, which in the case of the Golf GTI is the Discover Nav with 8” screen.

I suspect that if you proceed through the DTD website beyond seeing the discounted price and place an order for the car, you will then be required to confirm the car’s spec in detail, including any extra cost options. However, if you don’t want any extra cost items, the car would be built to VW’s standard spec for the GTI with the ‘free’ 65% tints.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2019, 09:35 »
I am interested in this thread as awaiting order confirmation at present. I am not a big fan of tints so certainly do not want 90%  - I either want 65% (probably as it is the default?) or 0% (possibly) if there is a 0% option?  Also how so I select "be notified of replies to this thread" (or similar) bit?

cheers

Big notify button next to the one you pressed to reply to this thread!! Ironically he won't be notified of this reply!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #13 on: 14 November 2019, 14:28 »
You could remove the glass altogether, that way you could gain a little performance too. Which is nice
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #14 on: 14 November 2019, 14:29 »
The thing is, I think the screen has a 20% tint and the front side windows 25% anyway.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2019, 14:38 »
You could remove the glass altogether, that way you could gain a little performance too. Which is nice

:grin: Surely no windows would be more drag though?!

The thing is, I think the screen has a 20% tint and the front side windows 25% anyway.

Think the OP meant just standard glass as it comes rather than actual 0% tint.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2019, 15:45 »

Think the OP meant just standard glass as it comes rather than actual 0% tint.
[/quote]

Maybe but it's just funny this way!! :laugh:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten