Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1041205 times)

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #270 on: 23 August 2008, 22:32 »
Just had a look at your motor Richw and gotta say very tidy and bodywork looks mint.

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #271 on: 23 August 2008, 22:32 »
Not sure mate, like i said im new the VW styling/tuning but hope to learn alot from you guys. And think i have a good starting point.

No probs mate lots to learn in here -hope you have got deep pockets.... :grin: :evil:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #272 on: 23 August 2008, 22:33 »
Just had a look at your motor Richw and gotta say very tidy and bodywork looks mint.

Thank you! I do try and look after her not bad for a 8yr old car :afro:

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 23 August 2008, 22:36 »
unfortunatley funds have run low after spending 18k modding a calibra over 4 years and fully rebuilding the engine with upgraded parts only for the car to be written off. Then made the mistake of getting another with my insurance payout only to have engine trouble again and lose 3k in the space of 5 months when lost compression. Hence why i sold up and decided to get a VeeDub

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #274 on: 23 August 2008, 22:41 »
unfortunatley funds have run low after spending 18k modding a calibra over 4 years and fully rebuilding the engine with upgraded parts only for the car to be written off. Then made the mistake of getting another with my insurance payout only to have engine trouble again and lose 3k in the space of 5 months when lost compression. Hence why i sold up and decided to get a VeeDub

Ah good choice dont get me wrong the mk4 has its faults but so does any car - main thing is its a solid german car and quite quick :afro:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #275 on: 23 August 2008, 22:44 »
Amazing price, don't blame you for getting it.

I start to wish I'd bought a 1.8T with more miles on to save money really :(

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #276 on: 23 August 2008, 22:52 »
had to down grade on the power as me last calibra was running near 300bhp and me golf is roughly 215bhp according to the old owner. Power delivery is alot smoother though and ride is brilliant.

Bobbarley, think i fell lucky on the car mate, would have preferred a lower mileage one but from what ive read if the car has been regularly serviced then they are good for a longtime.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #277 on: 23 August 2008, 22:54 »
Bought mine with 24k on it, T reg.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #278 on: 23 August 2008, 22:55 »
had to down grade on the power as me last calibra was running near 300bhp and me golf is roughly 215bhp according to the old owner. Power delivery is alot smoother though and ride is brilliant.

Bobbarley, think i fell lucky on the car mate, would have preferred a lower mileage one but from what ive read if the car has been regularly serviced then they are good for a longtime.

There are lots of thing you can do to get the power up if you want to as im sure you know  :evil:

Yep 1.8T = bombproof  :cool:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #279 on: 23 August 2008, 23:49 »
Recent one from Prept vs Players on August 6th, I love this shot, its on my ps3 background lol!

Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)