Author Topic: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?  (Read 13188 times)

Offline dobb3r

• Not said much yet
Re: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?
« Reply #80 on: 25 January 2021, 15:57 »
Is there still a supply of “new” Golf 7.5’s coming through in Australasia?

I like a user friendly intuitive set up which doesn’t detract or distract from the actual driving.

They're still available, as far as I know.  But they are possibly cars ordered months ago or dealer orders in stock.

I'm completely with you on the second statement.  I guess the tech-heavy thing is aimed at younger drivers.  But it's not for me.

I think the TCR and for that matter the 7.5 blends the right level of tech and tradition. I get the feeling that in the 8, they have gone with touch control and haptic feedback because they can, not because it makes it any better.
I wont be selling my TCR any time soon to replace it with the 8 or any other car for that matter, it fits the bill perfectly for me.
2019 White TCR, 5 door, DCC.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #81 on: 31 January 2021, 22:02 »
Hi, yes another TCR owner here. Grey with performance pack etc. Everything bar the carbon door mirrors and Ak exhaust.

I have a question for fellow owners... have you had a stage 1 remap? If so what affect did it have on your insurance and fuel economy? I can read about the main stats but that never gets mentioned really. Just curious. Also which tuning company map did you have and what output did you get?

Cheers

Oh and I’ve not seen another TCR since I bought 6 months ago! Plenty of GTI owners giving me a wave and wave back and R owners giving me a sneer and trying...trying to get away from me 🤣🤣🤣
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #82 on: 31 January 2021, 22:44 »
Is there still a supply of “new” Golf 7.5’s coming through in Australasia?

I like a user friendly intuitive set up which doesn’t detract or distract from the actual driving.

They're still available, as far as I know.  But they are possibly cars ordered months ago or dealer orders in stock.

I'm completely with you on the second statement.  I guess the tech-heavy thing is aimed at younger drivers.  But it's not for me.

I think the TCR and for that matter the 7.5 blends the right level of tech and tradition. I get the feeling that in the 8, they have gone with touch control and haptic feedback because they can, not because it makes it any better.
I wont be selling my TCR any time soon to replace it with the 8 or any other car for that matter, it fits the bill perfectly for me.

Agreed. Just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you SHOULD. Judging by the comments in the software thread, it sounds like they have bunged in as much tech as they have. Possibly using the Mk8 to test all the software gubbins that future EVs and self driving vehicles will need.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #83 on: 31 January 2021, 23:32 »
It's still not revolution though, it's only evolution.

You can see very clearly how the mk7.5 gets to be a mk8.

It's not nearly as different as people make out.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Spittfire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 06 February 2021, 22:52 »
Anyone any idea roughly how many TCR’s were sold in the UK?
2014 GTD DSG Carbon Grey (Stolen)
2018 GTI PP DSG Isaac Blue, Brescias (Sold)
2020 GTI TCR Pure Grey (Sold)
2018 GTD DSG Indium Grey (Current)

Ex: Clio Williams2, GTI MkIII, GTI MkIV, Audi TT, GTD MkV, A3 S-Line, GTD Mk6, GTD Mk7, Evoque, GTI PP, BMW 320 Touring

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #86 on: 07 February 2021, 09:29 »
Less than nine hundred?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti_tcr_s-a

Not that many then! Looking at Autotrader there are about 25 R’s for sale to every 1 TCR. Still not seen another where I live!
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 07 February 2021, 10:05 »
They were expensive, very expensive. Even more so when they "bundled" the akra exhaust...and remember all of that was just end of 2019, which actually wasn't about twenty years ago, it just seems like it.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #88 on: 07 February 2021, 11:38 »
Less than nine hundred?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti_tcr_s-a

Great website Fredgroves, thanks for posting this.

Rough maths, there were 552 ED40s registered in total and more importantly for those waiting on the MK8 ED45 option on the MK8, the first ED40 was registered in Q2 2016. I am sure there will be delays due to the current situation but the announcement must be made soon!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 07 February 2021, 12:15 »
The Edition models often tended to break cover at the Worthersee GTI Treffen which obviously wasn’t top of the agenda last year with closed factories and everything else.
With such a rush to get the GTI, CS and R’s (ok and the GTD and GTEs) into production with a relatively new generation of Golf I’m not surprised the Ed45 isn’t around just yet but I do quite like the idea of it just being an add on package for what isn’t exactly a milestone anniversary.
Maybe the R Anni model next year will be something a bit special being as that’s the sub-brand that’s taking VW into the electric age.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner