Author Topic: Was given another broken Xbox 360  (Read 5956 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Was given another broken Xbox 360
« on: 31 August 2013, 18:21 »
Well I was given another Xbox 360 :lipsrsealed: No rings of death just thinks all games old and new are dirty, and cannot read the data was thinking just blow it with some compressed air or anyone know of a decent link to optical disc cleaners?
Not sure if its a Tosh or Sam drive need to break it open to find out.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Was given another broken Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2013, 20:41 »
Have you tried the toothpaste method?  :grin:

I did, once.  :grin:

You can get a read error when the laser is stuck because the rack it runs on is clogged with fluff. Break it open and give the guides a grease. Worked for me.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2013, 20:46 »
I'll give it a shot mate, :smiley: read something about plastic dust from the inside crumbles on to the laser?
Will clean it up before replacing the drive though.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2014, 18:08 »
Well just to let people know if the DVD drive is broken i.e laser is foobared then its no point in buying a new drive apparently the DVD drive and mother boards are linked via software and codes. The only solution to this was buying a new laser hop!
Cost £7.00 of egay one hour of my labour taking apart, cleaning, de-solidering static point, re-greasing and some superglue on crappy cheap screws on plastic it works perfect now and its got an HDMI port on this one too!  :tongue:   

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2014, 15:31 »
Good to know mate :afro:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2014, 20:51 »
Get a new laser off ebay ,only cheap and easy to replace. You need to know what dvd drive you have by removing the face plate and look in a hole for a wire it will be red or white or yellow and that will tell you witch one you have ,if i can find the guild i was looking at few days ago.. ill add link here...

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

They have missed one drive thats in the late 2008-2009 console ,it has a yellow wire in the hole and is a light-on drive.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2014, 20:57 by james2 »
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.