Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 97334 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #100 on: 22 November 2010, 15:41 »
*ahem*

·         This aluminium core light-weight racing radiator will achieve 40% more cooling capability than a standard radiator,
·         Massive 42mm thick for maximum cooling efficiency,
·         Made from aircraft quality aluminium with OEM fitment; no modifications required,
·         Lightweight Aluminium Radiators are more efficient than standard radiators and will help keep engine temperatures down and are ideal for track use or modified cars,
·         Greater cooling capacity than any other radiator on the market,
·         Full alloy radiator with custom polished top and bottom tanks designed for a perfect FIT.
·         Perfect for performance upgrades,
·         Brand New in the Box,
·         Very High Quality,
·         We recommend these radiators are fitted by a professional mechanic to ensure the correct fitment,

Naughty naughty, but very very tempted (after all it will uprate the cooling as stated a million times). The other day i went to B&Q and bought some new jublie clips for my boost pipes and even something as simple as that starts to smarten things up a bit.

Found it pretty damn cheap from this site too http://www.toysauto.co.uk/product_info.php?currency=GBP&pName=vw-golf-mk2-gti-18l-16v-high-flow-race-radiator-rad&products_id=3343
« Last Edit: 22 November 2010, 15:45 by caistor_bmx »

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #101 on: 22 November 2010, 15:52 »
That does sound really good, how much is it? I know what you mean about the engine looking better with some nice shiny bits, thinking that i am going to bye some new jubilee clips and replace my rusty ones.

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline mika16S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #102 on: 22 November 2010, 17:31 »
I haven't read all the post but I like it too much it seems a wonderfull project and I'm wishing to see it finished.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #103 on: 22 November 2010, 17:34 »
U've won kai over jai. Haha

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 22 November 2010, 20:45 »
That does sound really good, how much is it? I know what you mean about the engine looking better with some nice shiny bits, thinking that i am going to bye some new jubilee clips and replace my rusty ones.

Remeber the metal clamps are better on plastic flanges as there is one tension and jubies tend to crack plastic as many peeps over tighten them and too much force on the screw head!

I haven't read all the post but I like it too much it seems a wonderfull project and I'm wishing to see it finished.
Thank you Mika  :cool:
U've won kai over jai. Haha

Lem thats just gay not the singing in the rain kind either  :laugh:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #105 on: 22 November 2010, 20:50 »
Sorry jay. How long til u rekon the valvers finished?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #106 on: 22 November 2010, 20:58 »
Sorry jay. How long til u rekon the valvers finished?

Mechanicaly its like a freight train I'm more than happy.
I'm waiting for some simple brake parts decided to buy Mintex discs and pads.
Got the brake shields already. So dropping coilies soon, but think the C clamps adjusters are rusted on not sure yet?

MOT I've given myself until mid Jan. 

No rush just spending what I can afford its a poverty project in my eyes, but getting to like the bartering  :smiley:   

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #107 on: 22 November 2010, 21:07 »
Mine were on my coilies. Lots of wd40 and a wire brush got mine going. Does depend on how bad they r.
Mid january isn't bad though. and poverty project haha. Has more spent on it than mine. But then u could compair them and you would see the difference (yours being a better example)
Its a good project though. Keep up the good work

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #108 on: 22 November 2010, 21:11 »
Mine were on my coilies. Lots of wd40 and a wire brush got mine going. Does depend on how bad they r.
Mid january isn't bad though. and poverty project haha. Has more spent on it than mine. But then u could compair them and you would see the difference (yours being a better example)
Its a good project though. Keep up the good work

Cheers Lem TBH I wish I did more work on the cars back at uni, but I was rolling in a 2.7 Alpina and wote it off  :lipsrsealed:
It helps when you get parts for free though..... :grin:

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #109 on: 22 November 2010, 21:18 »
I have noticed that there are a lot of us on here a=who are tied down to a budget  :grin: Must be the way forward :grin:, Lem, there is a big difference between your car and a lot of the cars on here but this is because you cant afford to get all the bodywork sorted so this is why you have gone for the rat look.

Im not planning on replacing the clips just the other jubilee clips that i have seen.

Cheers Lem TBH I wish I did more work on the cars back at uni, but I was rolling in a 2.7 Alpina and wote it off  :lipsrsealed:
It helps when you get parts for free though..... :grin:
[/quote]

People like you make me sick  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk