Author Topic: Original Date  (Read 8294 times)

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
Re: Original Date
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2015, 14:40 »
Well, this is the answer I got about the original date......

"He has asked 2 different departments what the “Original Date” means as he didn’t know (he has been with VW for at least 15 years!) and so far nobody at VW UK has been able to tell him what it means but they are coming back to him."

The other remark i got was this.....

"No news yet.  My VW man has called VW UK again and things it will get a Confirmed Build week “very soon” but who knows."

Very soon.....hmmmmm

:whistle:

Offline ashasg03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2015, 15:23 »
in the same boat websta, ive still not heard anything, its so annoying, all I want is a confirmed build date and than ill have a peace of mind and know when its expected rather than sitting here and waiting and constantly checking the tracker.  Yours is beyond a joke as you been waiting since end of jan, mine is end of march and im fed up now ha

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2015, 15:57 »
Well, nothing much i can do except wait! I'd be knackered if my current car had to go back!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2015, 18:14 »
Well, this is the answer I got about the original date......

"He has asked 2 different departments what the “Original Date” means as he didn’t know (he has been with VW for at least 15 years!) and so far nobody at VW UK has been able to tell him what it means but they are coming back to him."

The other remark i got was this.....

"No news yet.  My VW man has called VW UK again and things it will get a Confirmed Build week “very soon” but who knows."

Very soon.....hmmmmm

:whistle:

In other words, they've not a clue.  :rolleyes:  Very soon as in 'how long is a piece of string'.

My dealer checked in with me today.  No change since last time, R is still sitting at unconfirmed BW34.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline NeilH

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 June 2015, 22:15 »
Hi,

I'm shafted. Lease company won't tell me who the dealer is or the VW order number. Is there any way (inside contacts?) I can get the actual VW order number? - Any help really appreciated ( I'm wondering about just calling each dealership in turn but that might cost me a fortune for nothing).

Thanks, Neil.

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 June 2015, 12:52 »
Hi,

I'm shafted. Lease company won't tell me who the dealer is or the VW order number. Is there any way (inside contacts?) I can get the actual VW order number? - Any help really appreciated ( I'm wondering about just calling each dealership in turn but that might cost me a fortune for nothing).

Thanks, Neil.

Why wouldnt the lease company tell you the dealer? Thats a bit weird!

Insist, if they refuse, take business elsewhere....if thats a possibility. If not, call the lease company, ask to speak with a customer service manager and explain your thoughts and feelings.

Offline NeilH

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2015, 13:11 »
I work for the bank that lease company is part of and it seems like internally at least they won't release the details. I don't want to kick up a fuss seeing as they are fellow employees and probably following some policy or other.

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2015, 09:42 »
I doubt they are following a policy, i cant see any reason why they wouldn't say.

They wont give you the order number because that will tell you the dealer!

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2015, 11:52 »
It seems "very soon" was indeed very soon! Its been vloody confirmed!

Week 30!!!!  :laugh:

Offline ashasg03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2015, 12:01 »
nice one websta how you find out ?