Author Topic: Jesus The golf turned up!  (Read 5979 times)

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
Jesus The golf turned up!
« on: 29 May 2015, 19:34 »
Well shes here! After a few months wait the pure white 5 door Gtd turned up yesterday morning!

Looks - Better than I expected, The black trim, wheels ect against the white paint - looks good!
Drive - Took me about an hour to get used to her but she drives nice! dealer told me not to go sport mode until a thousand miles!!! BUT MY HAND SLIPPED!  Shes got a strong mid range! sounds a bit throaty too!

Gave her a wash this morning, and not to much orange peel, But enough to warrant a flat and polish over the next few weeks!

In General - Very happy!  but can feel a chat with monkeyhanger is well in order re: warp speed upgrade!

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
Re: Jesus The golf turned up!
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2015, 00:10 »
Well shes here! After a few months wait the pure white 5 door Gtd turned up yesterday morning!

Looks - Better than I expected, The black trim, wheels ect against the white paint - looks good!
Drive - Took me about an hour to get used to her but she drives nice! dealer told me not to go sport mode until a thousand miles!!! BUT MY HAND SLIPPED!  Shes got a strong mid range! sounds a bit throaty too!

Gave her a wash this morning, and not to much orange peel, But enough to warrant a flat and polish over the next few weeks!

In General - Very happy!  but can feel a chat with monkeyhanger is well in order re: warp speed upgrade!

Wheres the pictures???  :wink:
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2015, 06:20 »
Well I would never advocate thrashing a new car, but I certainly wouldn't baby it once it is warmed up either. Don't lose too much sleep in slipping into 80% of its potential when the oil is up to 90C.

After 7 VW TDIs, the only one that got babied was low on power, had poor fuel economy and used a litre of oil every 1000 miles or so.

I get my best mpg with Esso, BP and Sainsburys fuel have been fine too. I expected a lot of Shell (old pre-common rail TDIs used to run best on it), but in normal and V-power, the fuel economy and output were noticeably under what Esso gives for me.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2015, 17:46 »

Wheres the pictures???  :wink:

The missus is away in it at the mo! but shes back tomorrow :smiley: so ill get her cleaned up and post some pics!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2015, 18:30 »
Carbon chip tuning over a tuning box any day of the week.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2015, 18:36 »

Of the golf! Not the missus! :huh:

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2015, 12:53 »
Lucky you!!! Im still waiting, 18th week!

Offline ashasg03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2015, 15:10 »
websta have you not even had a build date yet ? mine is just hitting the 9 week mark

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2015, 15:13 »
You've called your Golf "Jesus"?

I take it the Irish VW's come from Mexico ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2015, 16:30 »
You've called your Golf "Jesus"?

I take it the Irish VW's come from Mexico ;-)

Lol - I got the car for the missus, shes named it Jurgen! :whistle: