Author Topic: Pre-Reg GTD?  (Read 7924 times)

Offline Anatonic

• Just got here
Re: Pre-Reg GTD?
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2015, 22:21 »
Still awaiting an answer from the dealer, but he wasn't very helpful on the phone when I laid out the facts.  Told him I was in no rush so was happy to order from new with a 12% discount via a broker, get a new car, better APR and for less money than they want.

He went to speak to his business manager, who is apparently now going to call me in the morning to discuss...

Makes sense RE: pre-reg cars Golf-Ball - just been reading about the 90 days then selling them on, I was just a bit wary as never been offered pre-reg before - I guess it's only been 30-40 days that they've maybe been for sale though.

I'll let you know how the convo goes tomorrow...

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2015, 07:56 »
Stick to your guns Anatonic, and order a new one elsewhere if they don't play ball. LSG is a very personal choice, not the general popular choice...the dealership will know that.

Be sure you want what they have, rather than ordering exactly what you want at the normal new retail APR. Even a 1% shift in APR will cost you an extra £20 a month.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2015, 10:51 »
Do you have the option of a personal loan from a bank - you should be able to get half that APR?

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2015, 12:27 »
Do you have the option of a personal loan from a bank - you should be able to get half that APR?

OP could get himself on money supermarket for a look and take out a savings bank account with one of the favourable providers of a personal loan to get circa 4% APR, sticking £50 in there Tout de Suite. Always best to have a little history with the bank you want to borrow money from.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 01 April 2015, 19:11 »
Only thing I've found of to be wary on pre reg cars is you are classed as the second owner. 
If anything serious happens to the car in the first year, most insurance companies will just replace the car like for like but only if you are the first owner.

Not a big issue but something to be aware of.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 April 2015, 08:53 »
Just take out GAP - normal insurance policies that 'replace' a car in year 1 cannot be trusted anyway as only applies if a replacement car is 'available' within a relatively short period of time. Otherwise it will be a 'market value' payout - you need 'New car replacement GAP'.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 02 April 2015, 12:22 »
That's very true but if the OP is concerned about saving £360 over the term of the car just by getting the lower VED version, adding GAP might not be an option.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 April 2015, 14:35 »
Lol ! I was just as bad - going for three-door DSG version - although the truth is I also think it looks nicer and I don't need five doors. Being 500 quid less also helped...

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2015, 15:22 »
Lol ! I was just as bad - going for three-door DSG version - although the truth is I also think it looks nicer and I don't need five doors. Being 500 quid less also helped...

3 door or 5 door makes no odds if you're buying or PCPing, the GFV (and residuals) is £600 higher for 5 door, so monthly PCP is about the same or if you're a cash buyer, you'll get your £600 spend for 5 doors back at the other end. Makes almost no odds to a leaser's monthly figures either.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 April 2015, 09:58 »
Interesting point MH.... I ran the figures through the VWFS finance calculator - for a 3 door/5 door GTI, both 36 months/10k.

The 10% deposits are (obviously) a little different: 2,658.00 for 3-door, 2,723 on 5-door.

Monthlies are virtually the same at 386.00 (ish)

GFV after 3 years is 12,415 on 3-door and 13,109 on the 5-door.

That makes total paid 29,892 and 30,660 respectively....a higher actual cost (obviously) but because the difference is reflected in GFV - unlike most options, you are sort of insulated from it.

PS - I noticed the calculator has gone back to lowering the payments if you select 5k miles - it was 'stuck' for quite while (which did not make any sense)....
« Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 10:02 by Mark V GTD »