Author Topic: Volume been turned down?  (Read 5972 times)

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
Re: Volume been turned down?
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2015, 01:52 »
In VCDS, controller A9 is for the internal soundaktor, with settings between 0 & 100% in adaptation channels

Controller C0 is for the external speaker for the sport and sound package, with settings between 0 & 100% in adaptation channels

You're a star.  Thank you.  Will check at the weekend as "command module"   :whistle:  has commandeered the car at the mo
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2015, 16:55 »
Why are you pressing Sport, Normal and Sport before moving off?

To ensure everything is deffo in sport mode.  Peeps have had issues with starting up in sport but feeling that engine/throttle response is sluggish as if it were in normal despite sport indicated and that by selecting normal then sport before moving off sorts this.  I've just got into the habit of doing it.......might be a placebo effect thing :undecided:

We do the same. Despite the car saying it is in sport and the exhaust making the noise, the steering and throttle go back to normal after ignition off. I was hoping they'd fixed this by now. Guess not!

Offline mattlittle

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2015, 13:40 »
Why are you pressing Sport, Normal and Sport before moving off?

To ensure everything is deffo in sport mode.  Peeps have had issues with starting up in sport but feeling that engine/throttle response is sluggish as if it were in normal despite sport indicated and that by selecting normal then sport before moving off sorts this.  I've just got into the habit of doing it.......might be a placebo effect thing :undecided:

Defintely not placebo.

If you select sport, drive around and then switch the car off, when you switch it back on, it saus sport but the throttle response and the rev count is 'normal' not sport. The internal soundkator is also off.

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2015, 16:03 »
Quick update on this. Our GTD went for its first service yesterday and it has come back a little quieter.

At idle, static revving and pulling away slowly in first it seems quieter. Normal driving and outside the car it doesn't seem any different.

Makes me wonder if the parameters have been changed for the internal sounder given the feedback people have been making about it. I know VW have made changes to the exhaust flaps on the R at idle/low rpm too.

Personally not too bothered, it seems less rough around the edges now, so it might yet be an improvement  :grin: