Author Topic: 2003 Golf GT-TDI 150 Turbo Problem, help appreciated!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline colty

• Just got here
Hi,

I have a 2003 Golf GT-TDI 150HP (lucky me) with a turbo issue. its been re-mapped to 185HP and has been great for the past 3 years or so.

Basically 1st Turbo had done 172,000 Miles when all of a sudden under normal driving the information panel flashed up "workshop" and the turbo basically fell apart.
I removed the turbo and sent it off to AET-Turbos and after advising me of possible oil starvation they reconditioned it and also installed hybid bearings to cope with the extra load.

2nd turbo installed with new oil feed line although the old one was clean and clear as a whistle. after 10 miles or so and a quick boost upto approx 4000rpm it pooed itself and snapped the shafted. Sent it off again to AET-Turbo's and had to pay again due to possible overspeeding. Now i've put it all back together, cleaned out the bits of turbo from the pipes and intercooler i dare not drive it! there are no error codes found when plugged into a Mac Tools reader so i have decided to get an auto electrician to road test whilst he plugs in the laptop to see whats going on.

any ideas as to why the second may of failed?

Cheers.

Marc