Author Topic: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve  (Read 11519 times)

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Re: This is what Professional Detailing can actually achieve
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2017, 11:11 »
Sorry Watts.
No piccies, but you have my assurance the result was identical to the intial photographs.

Down South if someone says they have done something, then we accept it until proved otherwise.
I am prepared to accept it may be different in London but these days London is just a name on a signpost and somewhere to be avoided at all costs.

PS I haven't driven inside the M25 since it was opened (yes really).

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2017, 16:43 »
Sorry Watts.
No piccies, but you have my assurance the result was identical to the intial photographs.

Down South if someone says they have done something, then we accept it until proved otherwise.
I am prepared to accept it may be different in London but these days London is just a name on a signpost and somewhere to be avoided at all costs.

PS I haven't driven inside the M25 since it was opened (yes really).

Blimey Mike, I'll have to assume that was tongue in cheek as if not it was a pretty weird response!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 January 2017, 08:46 »

Sorry, no offence meant.

But it was you who posted "pictures please or it never happened"

My post was what I would have said if we were standing together.

By way of an explanation.
From the outside looking in, London seems to be a very unruly place, full of people who cannot be trusted. Every person I have met or know personally who live in London have all suffered from criminal activity firsthand which makes them very distrustful of everyone they meet.
You live in London and said "it never happened"

Robert Burns once wrote "to see ourselves as others see us"
Thus Im prepared to accept that living 'in the sticks' may make me seem a bit weird to someone from a city.

Update;
My car is now dirty again  :cry:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2017, 11:20 »
Mike - the use of emoticons is to add the tone to a message hence why I used a  :wink: after the text in my post. I didn't really think you were lying about your car! It would just have been good to see the fruits of the labour.

Your views on London and Londoners is a bit odd though. Yes there is crime in London, just like there will be in any large town or city. The population of London is about 8.5 million, bound to be the odd criminal in there - having said that though, most of the crime is commited by people from the sticks travelling in  :wink: (note the use of the wink).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2017, 18:57 »
I've come to realise recently that the use of any kind of banter or light hearted piss taking is completely wasted on this forum.
Everything is taken literally and appears to offend people :sad:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2017, 20:13 »
I've come to realise recently that the use of any kind of banter or light hearted piss taking is completely wasted on this forum.

I take offence that you are driving the car I wanted to get :whistle:

Seeing as I'm new here I better say that that was banter  :grin:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2017, 22:31 »

Welcome to the forum :smiley:
Why have you ordered a GTD when you want a GTI may I ask?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2017, 08:46 »

Welcome to the forum :smiley:
Why have you ordered a GTD when you want a GTI may I ask?

Around a 1000 miles a week :smiley:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2017, 09:34 »

Not everyone is going to understand or want to partake in a bit of banter. I'd agree though that the forum in general seems more sober these days. Problem is with all these owners of dull grey cars - reflects their personalities :whistle: :wink: :smiley: :grin: :laugh: (thought that lot should cover it but just in case, I'm emigrating and not saying where, so  :tongue:).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #19 on: 05 January 2017, 14:01 »

Not everyone is going to understand or want to partake in a bit of banter. I'd agree though that the forum in general seems more sober these days. Problem is with all these owners of dull grey cars - reflects their personalities :whistle: :wink: :smiley: :grin: :laugh: (thought that lot should cover it but just in case, I'm emigrating and not saying where, so  :tongue:).
I think there should be a weeks ban from the forum for excessive use of emoji  :smiley: :sad: :wink: :angry: :cool: :cry: :grin: :huh: :kiss: :kiss: :lipsrsealed: :evil: :undecided: :sick: :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP