Author Topic: New Golf - what is the best Dealers Autogleam or Top Proffesional or ???  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Hey Booth
Many thanks for all your advice and links.
The detailer I emailed a way back still hasn't replied  :angry: perhaps he is too interested cleaning the Top Gear cars he talks about on his website?

However
Tim Bomford at Envy Detailing in Gosport has been the exact opposite. :smiley:
Quick reponses to my communications, clear answers to all my questions and a very warm welcome when I visited yesterday.
He was finishing off a silver R for a client which provided me with the perfect opportunity to examine his work firsthand and what I could expect with my car.

It seems that after the PDI the VW dealer delivered the R to Tim on trade plates with all its transport wrapping still in place (as you advised).
Following the 2 days of detailing the handover will be completed by the VW dealers at Tim's place, which will be the first time the new owner will actually see the car. (And he certainly wont be disappointed)!!

Clearly such a thoroughly professional and seamless process isn't something that has happened overnight, but with the clients requirements being paramount the VW dealers and Envy Detailing have obviously developed a working relationship where everyone happy.

Surely the way forward for anyone wanting their car detailed from new.

👍

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
You have yours booked in there now too? Be sure to post plenty of pictures :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Hey Booth
Many thanks for all your advice and links.
The detailer I emailed a way back still hasn't replied  :angry: perhaps he is too interested cleaning the Top Gear cars he talks about on his website?

However
Tim Bomford at Envy Detailing in Gosport has been the exact opposite. :smiley:
Quick reponses to my communications, clear answers to all my questions and a very warm welcome when I visited yesterday.
He was finishing off a silver R for a client which provided me with the perfect opportunity to examine his work firsthand and what I could expect with my car.

It seems that after the PDI the VW dealer delivered the R to Tim on trade plates with all its transport wrapping still in place (as you advised).
Following the 2 days of detailing the handover will be completed by the VW dealers at Tim's place, which will be the first time the new owner will actually see the car. (And he certainly wont be disappointed)!!

Clearly such a thoroughly professional and seamless process isn't something that has happened overnight, but with the clients requirements being paramount the VW dealers and Envy Detailing have obviously developed a working relationship where everyone happy.

Surely the way forward for anyone wanting their car detailed from new.

👍

As jv says, assume you've decided to do the same?  Sounds like a very good outfit and a great relationship between dealers and detailer.  Great to be able to visit beforehand and see the setup and examples of their work in the flesh.  You must be really looking forward to getting yours done there now, and we look forward very much to seeing the results.   :cool: :cool: :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
Yes all sorted.
Arranged for the dealer to deliver it after the PDI on trade plates and take me to collect it after completion.
AND their workshop to stick the plates on and NOT drill holes for those horrible plastic nuts and bolts.

First time my dealer has ever used Envy Detailing so its going to be a learning curve for us both.