Author Topic: Buying a mk5 Gt-tdi few issues  (Read 10460 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Buying a mk5 Gt-tdi few issues
« on: 30 November 2013, 22:09 »
I have been on the hunt for a mk5 Gt-tdi and seen a few dogs over the last week but tonight had a look at a 54 plate 140 bhp model that has a few nice mods and I really like the car. Issues I have found is when we went for a drive I pulled over at a garage to have a look round the car check the engine out etc. First thing I noticed was the coolent level was low looked to be below the min just but I didnt notice no tempreture light on the car. I pionted this out and the chap removed the cap and topped it up while the car was running and didnt seem to know why it was low. On further inspection I noticed pink coolent on the gearbox well pretty much right undre the tempreture sensor im guessing if its the same as a mk4? He seems to think its the housing thats leaking but but I really couldnt see where it was coming from,there wasnt a lot but still signs of it there. Next issue was the oil workshop warning coming on when you start the car the guy did tell me that he has damaged it as the car is low he reakons he damaged the wiring fixed that but then said the sensor in the sump is knackered he did tell me this before i seen the warning. Just any advise really as I like the car but worried about the leak and if anyone has had simlar issues and anything else to look for. The car drives spot on and we even checked where it had been parked but no sign of fluid on the floor.
Golf Gti

Offline Easy_E

• Not said much yet
Re: Buying a mk5 Gt-tdi few issues
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2013, 10:50 »
he sounds like a nugget if he topped the water level up when it was running, it should be checked when cold. How longs he had the car?

Offline bigsteveo78

• Just got here
Re: Buying a mk5 Gt-tdi few issues
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2017, 21:18 »
I HAVE A 55PLATE GT TDI ITS DRIVING ME MAD ... DRIVING IT AS SOON AS CAR GETS UP TO TEMP BANG WARNING LIGHT COMES ON CHECK COOLENT LEVEL .PULL UP CHECK IT LEVELS OK .SO VW TELL ME CHANGE COOLENT BOTTLE .SO I HAVE DONE SAME ISSUE NOTHING HAS CHANGED MY HEATERS NEVER GET WARM WHATS THE PROBLEM ALSO IF I CHECK BOTTLE WHEN ITS BEEN STOOD I OPEN IT THEN IT SEEMS TO PTRESUER UP ON OPENING .....